Losing All Interest In Your Job (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 55
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 2

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
Did nothing all Thursday evening at work, rang in sick Friday as i couldn't face the place, back in now and i really can't find any motivation to get anything started. This lack of enthusiasm is tiring.

Why I went for a simple job delivering Chinese food........the motivation to keep eating Chinese all night never fades.

Did nothing all Thursday evening at work, rang in sick Friday as i couldn't face the place, back in now and i really can't find any motivation to get anything started. This lack of enthusiasm is tiring.

i want a new job. i have no idea what it is im supposed to be doing here today...

it happens to me every 1.5 years, i can only spend a certain amount of time doing the same thing

What do you do RSJ?
I used to have regular work crises where I'd go "what the fuck am I doing?"
10 years in the same field (though not the same job) and I now mostly succeed in keeping those thoughts our of my head
Kurt Vonnegut said:
Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything

What do you do RSJ?
I work for a crowd that tests and repackages as new computer parts (memory, processors, basically anything you can take out of a computer). I'm in charge of five lads so i can pass off doing nothing pretty easily, but i feel like a prick trying to get the lads to do stuff while i sit on thumped. Been job hunting but it's very hard to get anything when you've got no formal training. *sigh* if i wasn't in so much debt, i'd just take a year for travelling...

10 years in the same field (though not the same job) and I now mostly succeed in keeping those thoughts our of my head
I wish i'd done graphic design/web stuff in college. Was what i wanted to do but two years of guidance teacher guys telling the folks there was no jobs in the internet left me doing a programming course. Fuck that shit.

God, i'm even depressing myself now.

basically anything you can take out of a computer). I'm in charge of five lads so i can pass off doing nothing pretty easily, but i feel like a prick trying to get the lads to do stuff while i sit on thumped. .
Try bringing in The Sun or The Daily Star to work?

i've two weeks left in my current job and then i start a new gig. the last few months there has been at least 1 sickie. when the rot sets in with a job there's very little that can reverse it. my current place offered me a ton of cash to stay and i said no. it's not worth it.

When I grow up I'm going to get a job that I'll love for ever and ever, and I'll have oh so much fun with my colleagues, and we'll all be best of friends and our jobs will present ever more zany and exciting challenges day by day.

my brain feels like this today:
Blancmange_with_Orange_Sauce_DD_2A.jpg

When I grow up I'm going to get a job that I'll love for ever and ever, and I'll have oh so much fun with my colleagues, and we'll all be best of friends and our jobs will present ever more zany and exciting challenges day by day.

That's the job I have. No joke. But I'm only there a while so we're not best mates but my colleagues are awesome.

Readysteadycook- get out of debt and then do something deadly. It could happen before you know it if you set your mind to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back