Lisbon Treaty (3 Viewers)

I'm voting

• Total voters
I like didn't... cause its like... totally complicated for me to vote and stuff.

I'd feel like a gimp if the vote count was exactly 50%.

Actually, what would happen if every side got exactly the same number of votes?
Penalty vote off or something?
Phone a friend?

Trial by Treebeast!

flash_gordon-young_treeman-2.jpg

I like didn't... cause its like... totally complicated for me to vote and stuff.

I'd feel like a gimp if the vote count was exactly 50%.

Actually, what would happen if every side got exactly the same number of votes?
Penalty vote off or something?
Phone a friend?

either http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/swingvote/

or they'd just do the same thing they did the last time we gave the wrong answer.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

European Treaty: Irish plan to get around 'no' vote

By Bruno Waterfield in Brussels
Last Updated: 11:58PM BST 11/06/2008
Officials in Brussels are working on plans to ensure that the European Treaty is still implemented elsewhere if Ireland votes against it in the referendum.

Although measures such as creating an EU president, "foreign minister" and European diplomatic service may be delayed, they are still expected to be introduced.
One diplomat said a "bridging mechanism" was being discussed. If Ireland rejects the treaty, it may simply be removed from the list of signatories and will not be legally obliged to abide by it.
By late 2009 or early 2010, when Croatia joins the EU, an amending "Accession Treaty" will be signed by all members including Dublin.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...reaty-Irish-plan-to-get-around-'no'-vote.html

P.S. Word on politics.ie is that RTE exit poll says it's a Yes.
http://www.politics.ie/viewtopic.php?f=172&t=36950

I think the poll result on this thread is pretty conclusive. If it goes the other way today down at Dublin Castle we'll know it's been fixed, right?

I've never been so torn over a vote before. I almost felt like tossing a coin in the end so i didn't vote.

Really fucked off with the whole thing now.

In the last second I changed my mind and voted no. I didn't care to be rubbing up with paranoid nationalist maniacs, but I also didn't know enough about the treaty to vote yes. I got pretty pissed off about it, really. anyway, I regret nothing. if they're going to implement the changes anyway even if the treaty isn't ratified, that's fairly undemocratic. which is essentially how they must be feeling in holland and france.

it's looking like a no vote according to early tallies, Pat Kenny is covering it. We're gonna be nuked by the EU. Duck and Cover!

If the turnout is less than 50%, which it probably is, then that means that the majority of people aren’t bothered about having a say on changes to the Constitution. If that’s the case and the end vote is a no vote, then that’s undemocratic. Yet people are voting no because of fears of a democratic deficit.
It’s a load of me hole.

Last Updated: 13/06/2008 10:59Early Lisbon tallies lean toward No vote

Counting of votes in the Lisbon Treaty referendum began at 9am today, and early tallies show the vote leaning toward the No side.
In Dublin South-West, there is a report 60%-40% split in favour of the No side, and this 60-40 tally is repeated in Dublin North-West, Dublin Central, and Dublin North-East.
In Dublin South-East, early tallies indicate a 70%-30% split in favour of the No vote. Elsewhere in the country, tallies from Limerick West indicated a 59-41 No vote.
In Mayo, the vote appears to be 60-40 per cent in favour of the No camp with the majority of boxes counted. There was a 52 per cent turnout.

Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny and the party’s MEP Jim Higgins are conceding that the No campaign have won in Mayo.
Tipperary South tallies show 50.3% Yes and 49.7% No vote, while Tipperary North tallies indicate a 50-50 split.
In Galway West, early tallies are 56% No, 43% Yes; Galway East is split 50% on the tallies; while Mayo is showing a strong leaning toward Yes, with a reported 60-40 tally against the Treaty.
Initial tally figures from Sligo-Leitrim suggest a 66% No vote, Roscommon-South Leitrim indicates a 55% No vote, while Donegal South-West (55% No) and Donegal North-East (63% No) are also showing an anti-Lisbon trend.
In Louth, the tally split was reported to be a 57%-43% in favour of No. In Meath West and East, the split shows a 60-40 percentage advantage to the No side.
Both Kildare constituencies appear to be bucking the trend, however, with early tallies indicating a 57% -43% vote in favour of Lisbon.
The tallies are early at the moment, however, and all boxes are not opened yet.
Polling stations closed at 10pm last night after 15 hours of voting in the referendum, the result of which will determine the future development of the European Union and its institutions.
Voting began at 7am, and stations in 43 constituencies were open until 10pm to encourage as many people as possible to vote.
Turnout was reported at about 40 per cent by 9pm, up from 20 per cent in some constituencies by mid-afternoon. In general, turnout was reported to be higher in city areas than in rural areas.
By the time polls closed at 10pm last night, around 50 per cent of the three million people registered to vote were understood to have cast their ballots.
Both the No and Yes sides of the treaty debate expressed confidence that the result will go in their favour, but the result may be tight with 17 per cent of voters still undecided in a poll last weekend.
There is concern in other EU countries about the impact of the decision by Irish voters, and the French and German governments are expected to make a joint statement later today once the Irish result is known.
Full coverage of the referendum results will be available on The Irish Times website (http://www.ireland.com/focus/thelisbontreaty), with reports and analysis along with audio commentary from the count centre at Dublin Castle. Results from the count centres will be updated live throughout the day.
Ireland was the only country to hold a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.
© 2008 ireland.com

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0613/breaking1.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back