Linda McCartney Sausage Sandwich Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Never liked any fake sausages, nor did I like real sausages back in the dayz. The dedication all of yous got for these ones is admirable though, so I might give these a try.

i prefer the quorn ones.

why do quorn burgers taste different to the sausages

I'm not a fan of either but I'd say it's got something to do with one trying to replicate beef while the other tries to replicate pork. Tesco meat free burgers are tasty.

The cauldron food sausages are better than both imo but they cost about twice the price. I've had some really nice tofu sausages but they're expensive too.

Somebody once fed me them Linda McCartney sausages (on the way to try and chat up some bird who fancied me - ah, memories....) and said, "Taste just like the real thing, don't they?"

To which I replied, "Exactly how long is it since you had a real sausage?"

"About fifteen years."

"There's your answer...."

Actually, that was a gas night.

does anyone eat real sausages any more? you know, where they've killed a pig. anyone?

Linda sausies are very good barbequed. But my favourites are the Vegideli ones that come already cooked, so you can eat them cold or heat them up. Mmmm, cold sausie sandwiches....

Trying to wean myself off the whole fake meat thing 'cause of the trans fats/ salt issues that come with processed food in general, but the appeal of having your cake and eating it (e.g. sausages without causing the death, or even minor discomfort, of any pigs) never really wears off.

And there's a health food shop 2 doors down from my house that sells said Vegideli sausages, too easy when you're hung over.

cauldron sausages all the way. although the pricks only give you five

aren't linda's full of hydrogenated fatsits? not sure.....

cauldron
Ingredients

Tofu (39%) (Water, Soya Beans, Calcium Sulphate), Onion (19%), Water, Vegetable Fat (Vegetable Fat, Wheat Flour), Wholemeal Rusk (Wheat Flour, Water, Salt, Raising Agent: Ammonium Bicarbonate), Soya Bean Fibre, Free Range Whole Egg, Yeast, Thickener:- Methyl Cellulose, Hydrolysed Vegetable Protein (Vegetable Protein, Soy Oil), Tapioca Starch, Yeast Extract (Yeast, Salt), Salt, Black Pepper, Fructose, Rosemary, Roasted Barley Malt Extract, Bay Leaves.

cauldron sausages all the way. although the pricks only give you five

aren't linda's full of hydrogenated fatsits? not sure.....

When you cook them in a george foreman type grill you get a lot of this horrible looking orange fat coming off them.

Wicken(sp?) sausages are also very nice.

If anyone's in the uk Iceland have ten packs of the Qourn sausages for £2 at the moment.

When you cook them in a george foreman type grill you get a lot of this horrible looking orange fat coming off them.

Wicken(sp?) sausages are also very nice.

If anyone's in the uk Iceland have ten packs of the Qourn sausages for £2 at the moment.

Linda sausages have new packaging. they seem to have taken out the hydrogenated fats and now there are 6 (there used to be 8 no??) but they are thicker - and less oily on the grill

Brown bread, ice berg lettuce, generous spread of salad cream and two linda mac sausages split down the middle and laid down like four half sausages. Best sandwich, in the world, EVER bar none!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back