Liking/Disliking (3 Viewers)

Wow! Two pages in just a short while, possibly the busiest thread on Thumped in a while. I had exactly the same thought when I saw the "smashed windscreen" post - do I like or dislike. Then I decided I'd comment but Thumped froze up so I did nothing in the end.

"
meh.png
scutter neither likes nor dislikes this post. "

ha ha, classic

maybe it doesn't need a whole thread but this needs being clarified

if someone posts about something shit that happened and you want to sympathise/empathise with them, do you click 'like' or 'dislike'?

I see people posting on facebook about someone dying and loads of people clicking 'like'

I know facebook is for cunts and don't really care what happens there. I just need to know what the etiquette here is or should be.

If you like the post, click like.

Even if someone has had a bad day, if they have written about it well, they deserve a like.

If anyone here writes something I like, even if I disagree with the sentiment or am against their point, it gets a 'like' from me.

a good example of the 'like/dislike' conundrum is the complaints thread. Whoever it was saying they had their windscreen smashed last night. People clicking dislike, I'm sure, in an expression of their revulsion at said act. Or perhaps they were telling this person to quit whining, that theres worse things in life that could happen.

that was me and transformation ; clicked dislike then sympathised in a comment, so all was clear (and i did appreciate the sympathy on a fucked-up morning)

less clear was pete ; liking the post about rat piss on my desk - i prefer to infer that he liked that it'd bumped a 2 month dormant thread rather than liked the piss incident

anyway enough whining from me... the sun's out and i've the wind in my hair for the drive home

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back