Liking/Disliking (1 Viewer)

rettucs

Supporter
Solutions
Post of the week winner: 22nd March, 2013
maybe it doesn't need a whole thread but this needs being clarified

if someone posts about something shit that happened and you want to sympathise/empathise with them, do you click 'like' or 'dislike'?

I see people posting on facebook about someone dying and loads of people clicking 'like'

I know facebook is for cunts and don't really care what happens there. I just need to know what the etiquette here is or should be.

plat09.jpg

the sound thing to do would be to just comment

I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to comment, but I disagree with your comment.

so should I click 'like' that I'm appreciative? or 'dislike' cos I disagree?

'like/dislike' is cool. Its the internet version of text messaging and gets people out of saying things but still affords the means to express an opinion. Thus, it has its place in the world. I just need to learn how to like it.

And in case anyone is tempted to dislike what I said above there - 'Facebook is for cunts'.

see, its not that simple is it!

pete ; I think we need to be allowed to like parts of posts and dislike other parts, and you possibly need to provide 4 or 5 more options to cover that grey area in the middle ('kind of like', 'like a lot, but not enough to click 'like'', etc).

Like / Dislike tags are the answer. Highlight the bit of the post you like and click the like button, do the same for the dislike bits. some sort of styling should be used to indicate the intentions of the liker/disliker. you could use the existing buttons to like or dislike the entire post as normal. Pete, please make this so while you're allowing me to have piccies in my siggy

tags? I mean those brackety things you have for italics and bold text

Like / Dislike tags are the answer. Highlight the bit of the post you like and click the like button, do the same for the dislike bits. some sort of styling should be used to indicate the intentions of the liker/disliker. you could use the existing buttons to like or dislike the entire post as normal. Pete, please make this so while you're allowing me to have piccies in my siggy

there's actually a link for that already

a good example of the 'like/dislike' conundrum is the complaints thread. Whoever it was saying they had their windscreen smashed last night. People clicking dislike, I'm sure, in an expression of their revulsion at said act. Or perhaps they were telling this person to quit whining, that theres worse things in life that could happen.

a good example of the 'like/dislike' conundrum is the complaints thread. Whoever it was saying they had their windscreen smashed last night. People clicking dislike, I'm sure, in an expression of their revulsion at said act. Or perhaps they were telling this person to quit whining, that theres worse things in life that could happen.

I assumed that was the thing that inspired this thread

we should have a star rating system, from 1 to 5....with a draggable slide bar with sound effects of a crowd either cheering or jeering

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back