LIGHTENING BOLT AT ATP (5 Viewers)

yeah, i heard from a friend who was at both weekends that they were much, much better at the second one.

i've a feeling i'm going to be spending much of today going "lalalalalalalaican'thearyou" as people post about how brilliant various weekend 2 bands were. i'm already v. peeved that i missed ESG....

brrring... brrrring...
"yeah."
"oh hello, is that the zone?"
"no, it's lightening bolt"

seriously!!!

ESG were amazing!!!

i'll try not to think about LB for a second... deerhoof, esg, SY, le tigre, .... LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIGHTENING FUCKING BOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dum dum tish
dum dum tish

i don't care
what you say

a dum dum tish
da da d'dum dum tish-tish

lightening bolt makes me feel ok

clap clap, a ca ca clap clap!

de de dum dum tish tish de de dum dum dum d'deh dam de demm
de doo doo de de doo doo doo
de dum dum dum de de dum de dum

They did a Peel thing at Maida Vale last Thursday and friends said it was amazing. (Peel for the first time gave out earplugs) They don't play on a stage normally but among/ circled by the audience. That is smaller venues suit them far better. This may explain the disappointment of some ref: ATP W-end 1 where if I remember, people said the venue was too bIg for 'em.

They're likely to return to the UK in October.

Anthony said:
But I thought all new music was supposed to be crap?
yeah, stuff like tortoise and boards of canada. that was like 10 minutes ago anyway. i heard the new squarepusher record. that's amazing. i've heard some battles stuff... i'd be happy to do a gig for ian williams pulling at his mickey.

The Bolt were mind-blowing, We were close to the front for SY and the way the crowd drifted like zombies towards the scuzzy distant sound was fantastic. The fact that ya couldn't realy see them (even when he told us to sit down) added to the intensity. I'm still not right after it.
Thurston Moore has been calling them for about 5 years asking them to go on tour with them but they're not bothered cause they make their living as artists - jammy bastards.

I think it's time someone mentioned Wolf Eyes though - nothing could have prepared me for them or how ecstatic their music is live. And anyone who chews a contact mic for an entire set is alright with me.

The future of metal is looking great right now.............

desertedvillage said:
The Bolt were mind-blowing... The fact that ya couldn't realy see them (even when he told us to sit down) added to the intensity.
Did you buy the DVD?
Right after watching them at ATP 1, we went and watched the DVD on a guys laptop. Totally the coolest music DVD ever. The bass player guy is really wierd looking - he's playing the fastest heaviest bass shit ever, and he's just standing there, looking at the drummer, or looking at his bass, as if he's bored. But he's not. Which is wierd. I think.

?

mangler said:
Did you buy the DVD?
Right after watching them at ATP 1, we went and watched the DVD on a guys laptop. Totally the coolest music DVD ever. The bass player guy is really wierd looking - he's playing the fastest heaviest bass shit ever, and he's just standing there, looking at the drummer, or looking at his bass, as if he's bored. But he's not. Which is wierd. I think.

?

ah the dvd had sold out when i went looking for it :(

managed to get lots of cool stuff on video at the weekend, including most of wolf eyes, all of dream/aktion unit, double leopards (audio mostly) and a little bit of sonic youth.
camera went dead for lightning bolt but it looked like there was loads of dudes filming it, so im sure somthing will pop up over the next week or so

dream/aktion unit were unreal too

george mcfly said:
ah the dvd had sold out when i went looking for it :(

managed to get lots of cool stuff on video at the weekend, including most of wolf eyes, all of dream/aktion unit, double leopards (audio mostly) and a little bit of sonic youth.
camera went dead for lightning bolt but it looked like there was loads of dudes filming it, so im sure somthing will pop up over the next week or so

dream/aktion unit were unreal too
It's pretty easy to get from Interweb anyway.
Thing is, it's region 1 only, which may be a problem for some...
Still - best fuckin band ever. For now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back