Lets talk about..acoustic guitars (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 101
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 2
You could try some Leadbelly stuff to get used to the 12 strings

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love what he is doing here..just basic chords , but so clean and accurate

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I found the chunky neck and string tension of the cheap 12 string I got tough to get used to in standard tuning, lowered it to CGDGBD and its way nicer to play. Yours might benefit from being tuned down a step

I have a strong desire to acquire a halfway decent acoustic guitar..but I literally know fuck all about them.

I have an entry level yoke..an Oakman..its alright like,sounds fairly shite and the action isn't the best.I've played worse but I want to move up to something a bit nicer that might encourage me to play a bit more...I think I have the makings of a folk singer I wouldn't mind rocking up to an open mic for the craic

I'm thinking second hand around 200 notes tops..or new if there was one to be had.Them Harley Bentons look alright on Thomann

Well..I just thought I'd throw it out there..hear a few takes on the whole acoustic thing.
What have you got yerself type of thing and what would you like and maybe what yer ideal would be..sure let it all rip to feck.

I used to have a lovely Martin years ago but I cashed her in one Christmas.I didnt really appreciate it and probably still woudnt.
A mere 6 years late to this party, but re: Harley Bentons, I went to the Thomann shop and factory a few years ago, and came back with one of these (CLA-15MCE - Harley Benton), it stood out for me. I tried it against a low price Taylor and it sounded as good plugged in (and also sounds nice unplugged). It did feel a little lighter than the Taylor. But its a belter of a budget guitar, and has a built in tuner.

i just changed the strings on my wife's cavaquinho. i think the guitar tech career is still a ways away, i managed to draw blood three times.

As with Nike and Moog etc, most European people will say Tack-a-mine.
wait, how does one pronounce "Moog"?

hqdefault.jpg

Has anyone picked up a new acoustic lately? Any nice finds? Tomorrow I might do my annual thing where I traipse around the guitar shops looking at acoustics and fail to make up my mind about anything

I got a Cort Earth 100 for a oner off adverts. I had to drive to Limerick for it but it's a fucking amazing guitar. Solid spruce top and rosewood laminate sides....the guitar absolutely REEKS of rosewood. It's something to behold. The noise off it is phenomenal. I'm a fan of Cort.

I gave my beautiful little cedar topped parlor guitar to my daughter cos her old Argos guitar was no longer cutting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back