Lets talk about..acoustic guitars (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 101
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 2

GO

Now Is Go
Supporter
Solutions
I have a strong desire to acquire a halfway decent acoustic guitar..but I literally know fuck all about them.

I have an entry level yoke..an Oakman..its alright like,sounds fairly shite and the action isn't the best.I've played worse but I want to move up to something a bit nicer that might encourage me to play a bit more...I think I have the makings of a folk singer I wouldn't mind rocking up to an open mic for the craic

I'm thinking second hand around 200 notes tops..or new if there was one to be had.Them Harley Bentons look alright on Thomann

Well..I just thought I'd throw it out there..hear a few takes on the whole acoustic thing.
What have you got yerself type of thing and what would you like and maybe what yer ideal would be..sure let it all rip to feck.

I used to have a lovely Martin years ago but I cashed her in one Christmas.I didnt really appreciate it and probably still woudnt.

I'm no expert but I think you can get a really nice one for 200. mine is a Fairclough. It's designed by the fingerstyle player Steve Fairclough and his method is ' make me a guitar that costs X amount' so they're not hugely expensive and are great quality. They use the best wood and have fishman electrics. I'd go for a semi (electro) acoustic so you'll have the option of plugging in without worrying about attaching pickups or microphones. My mate who worked in a guitar shop recommended it to me when I asked him about good quality affordable acoustics. The neck width and action is perfect for strumming, for fast solo picking ( it also has a cutaway) and its wide enough for comfortable fingerstyle playing. It cost €250 ish I think.

But the guitar shops are full of cheap acoustics these days. Could be some no name thing you've never heard of could be the perfect guitar.

Yeah..I'm seeing them fishman lads are on a lot of them alright..might make sense to get one of them...also be handy for the odd recording

I never heard of Fairclough..must have a google.

I'd love an acoustic that plays like an electric, neck and action wise. But yea, where to start.
I played an Epiphone songbird (I think it was called that) and it was unreal. The guy said he got it for €300 on adverts.

I'd love an acoustic that plays like an electric, neck and action wise. But yea, where to start.
I played an Epiphone songbird (I think it was called that) and it was unreal. The guy said he got it for €300 on adverts.
Yeah that would be the ideal although I don't mind if its a bit tougher than an electric to play cos I love the sensation of ripping out a few scales on the electric after a few hours on the acoustic.Its good for the muscles I reckon if theres a wee bit of resistance.

An Epiphone songbird eh?Interesting.

I think I'm gonna wait til I have about 300 saved before I get serious.I want this to be the last acoustic I ever buy,so I'm gonna wait til I can get a beaut.

A lad I know heard I was looking for a guitar and offered me one of his Martins cheap..I had to clue him in that I'm mot impressed with guitars that cost more than a weeks minimum wage or thereabouts

I'd love an acoustic that plays like an electric, neck and action wise.

Any time I've played an acoustic like that, it's been very expensive. An old Gibson J45 and a Santa Cruz something-or-other stand out. So easy to play, both over €2k.

I paid about €350 for mine (Recording King ROS 616). It's fine, but there's a little more fight in it then I'd like.

My brother in law has a Faith guitar. Had a go of it the other day and it was spectacular, as easy as an electric easily, and sounded glorius. Think they're in the region of 500 new though....

My Fairclough is a bit like this
$_35.JPG

It wasn't a songbird it was a Hummingbird. Jaysus, 5 seconds of research before a post wouldn't hurt.
Ahh roight..I must say..I'm loving the look of them.
I think I want a nice looking guitar like that..maybe the very one

16117_Epiphone_Hummingbird_Pro_a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back