Legal brains (1 Viewer)

Sorry jane, your PMs are full.
I'll keep it vague.
Keep 'it' in a big freezer, hire a chainsaw, lash into pit of starving pigs, find somewhere to bury their shit.

Alternatively you could hire a Renault, find a boat and weigh 'it' down with stones before throwing it overboard.

Sigh. I asked for this, like.

Ah, Thumped. Never lets me down.

I got a bit of inside information from someone 18 months ago. I am not sure if they would be helpful to you or not but they were for me. I don't know the exact situation, only guessing here, but there might be a way around it. We'll have to talk.

Your guess may be correct, and the thing of which you speak and to which you refer, yes, it may be something that....

AH, NUTS.

PETE, PLEASE BAN ME.

Right, so I kind of have someone helping me out with some stuff I keep being really vague about, but I'm not meeting her til next week. I need a bit of help wording something just to be as careful as possible, given that I'm not sure what's happening. I also don't know what my rights are and there doesn't seem to be any way of finding out through the usual means.

Can anyone give me any advice? Sorry I'm being so vague. I'm even afraid they're reading this, that's how fucking paranoid all this shit is making me. Some of you know what I'm on about, and it may or may not be as worrying as I am worried about it.

well the first thing I would do in a dodgey situation is get a notebook and write down EVERYTHING. eg. what was said on the phone, letters,texts etc.Then when you are writing things out use as much neutral language as possible , avoid things like

I felt
They felt... things like that
Also if need be bring a third party with you if you think someone is trying to scam you or get you in hot water.
Something of this sort happened to me recently .A customer asked fro me to write a letter saying that she bought a particular garment from my shop because she had been accused if stealing it from another. She produced the receipt .The garment was a wooly jumper the receipt read knit top.There was no description on the receipt other than that.My letter read something like this

To whom it may concern,
Based on the production of a receipt I can confirm that Mrs Bloggs purchased a knit top from this store on 1.01.01.

I kept it neutral and to the point without getting into specifics.I know that example is specific but I think the idea is there

See.. the thing is. I am in the same boat. And its a boat full of ghey.
I am in the US, and I am allowed to be here, and work more or less. But, you are made very aware that you can be fucked out for any particular reason, and basically have no recourse at all.

I haven't a notion what Jane is on about, but I have been mad paranoid about certain things and generally shit myself when cops pull me over, or give me grief, because if I am charged with a crime I am fucking outahere.

Which would be annoying, since I bought a gaff here.

People know it too. They say shit to you to threaten you... "we are going to report you to immigration" blah blah.

C'mere...
Go fuck yourself.

See.. the thing is. I am in the same boat. And its a boat full of ghey.
I am in the US, and I am allowed to be here, and work more or less. But, you are made very aware that you can be fucked out for any particular reason, and basically have no recourse at all.

I haven't a notion what Jane is on about, but I have been mad paranoid about certain things and generally shit myself when cops pull me over, or give me grief, because if I am charged with a crime I am fucking outahere.

Which would be annoying, since I bought a gaff here.

People know it too. They say shit to you to threaten you... "we are going to report you to immigration" blah blah.

C'mere...
Go fuck yourself.
so youre Irish but living in NYC. how come you can stay there. we once got pulled over cos we hadn't had the car smogged and the fuckin cop wanted to see all our ID. I was shittin it. Then my fella had to go to court but it was grand because he was a US citizen. Jesus, its a million times easier to work here as an American than it is to as an Irish person in the US.

My fella was here I'd say 3 years in total never had a visa and had no probs gettin work. He had a pps number and paid tax and all even though he was illegal. If anyone asked him, he said his granny was Irish.

so youre Irish but living in NYC. how come you can stay there. we once got pulled over cos we hadn't had the car smogged and the fuckin cop wanted to see all our ID. I was shittin it. Then my fella had to go to court but it was grand because he was a US citizen. Jesus, its a million times easier to work here as an American than it is to as an Irish person in the US.

My fella was here I'd say 3 years in total never had a visa and had no probs gettin work. He had a pps number and paid tax and all even though he was illegal. If anyone asked him, he said his granny was Irish.

Have you seen what they've done to immigration law?

Easy my ass.

Nearly impossible to do legally.

They also have a salary minimum and a very limited list of jobs that foreigners are allowed to do. Even ones married to Irish citizens. It's absolutely fucked.

It's difficult in the US, but there are a number of avenues open to people who want to live and work there. The system sucks completely, and it's inefficient and awful and crazy and bullshit, but it does actually exist.

Have you seen what they've done to immigration law?

Easy my ass.

Nearly impossible to do legally.

They also have a salary minimum and a very limited list of jobs that foreigners are allowed to do. Even ones married to Irish citizens. It's absolutely fucked.

It's difficult in the US, but there are a number of avenues open to people who want to live and work there. The system sucks completely, and it's inefficient and awful and crazy and bullshit, but it does actually exist.

ja I know Jane, But you can legally work here illegally if you have a pps number and then nobody says anything because you are paying tax, so long as you can get a job in the first place. but like i know its hard to get on if you arent Irish.

so youre Irish but living in NYC. how come you can stay there.

I am a researcher. My Uni sorted out the visa crap for me to a large extent, although I personally have to jump through the hoops at the US embassy all the time, and pay quite a lot for the privilege.

Then however, the university effectively owns you. Dont want to work here any more? Dont like the money? Fine so. Later. Have you got your flight home booked by the way?

So. Yeah. I should be getting a green card by marriage, but I haven't actually got it yet. Although they checked my crim record and its clean... heh heh heh. Its just a long complicated expensive process. And if they say no, they mean no. You have very little recourse.

Its all a bit funny really... because I dont like the US very much.
Ha ha. Oh well.

I am a researcher. My Uni sorted out the visa crap for me to a large extent, although I personally have to jump through the hoops at the US embassy all the time, and pay quite a lot for the privilege.

Then however, the university effectively owns you. Dont want to work here any more? Dont like the money? Fine so. Later. Have you got your flight home booked by the way?

So. Yeah. I should be getting a green card by marriage, but I haven't actually got it yet. Although they checked my crim record and its clean... heh heh heh. Its just a long complicated expensive process. And if they say no, they mean no. You have very little recourse.

Its all a bit funny really... because I dont like the US very much.
Ha ha. Oh well.

Me neither, i loved the scenery and all, but i wouldn't want to live there. Maybe it was just the people I met were ubertrendy and never ate so fainted all the time.

Why doncha come back so?

Me neither, i loved the scenery and all, but i wouldn't want to live there. Maybe it was just the people I met were ubertrendy and never ate so fainted all the time.

Why doncha come back so?

I intend to.

I just have to get my life together a bit first, get some spondoolics, wait for the housing market to pick up, and the dollar to get its fucking act together, and I am gone.

Haha. Which means never basically.

Nah.
I am here because my gf is American, and I got offered a stylie job. And now I am sort of stuck. I have enough money to stay here, but not enough to get out back to Ireland and not be utterly poverty stricken.

I married the gf, and she wants to leave too at some point. It's just that right now is a really bad time to leave the US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back