Leftover Crack (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the fuck is your problem? fuck you! i have as much right to my stupid opinion on here as everyone else and i had every right to post it. i know my sources and i dont have to reveal them here just to please you.. i have far more pressing things to deal with then fucking emailing people i know around europe about a disagreement on some public message board. cop the fuck on.

and what the fuck is this supposed to mean?

"Don't get all uppity with me"
sho nuff bro', props to da krew, yadda yadda yawn...

damien said:
what the fuck is your problem? fuck you! i have as much right to my stupid opinion on here as everyone else and i had every right to post it. i know my sources and i dont have to reveal them here just to please you.. i have far more pressing things to deal with then fucking emailing people i know around europe about a disagreement on some public message board. cop the fuck on.

and what the fuck is this supposed to mean?

"Don't get all uppity with me"
sho nuff bro', props to da krew, yadda yadda yawn...

My fucking problem is rumours about bands/individuals being fucked around in public without them getting a chance to defend themselves. My fucking problem is people getting judged on "he said she said". Judge and jury, punk rock. There's enough of that bullshit around already.
But hey, you're in a hurry...
"i know my sources and i dont have to reveal them here just to please you" True - hey is your real name George or Tony?
"fuck you! i have as much right to my stupid opinion on here as everyone else and i had every right to post it"
So that means I do too? No? Damn homey, your logic is too damn subtle...

there's always a spa out there somewhere...

It was just a bit of info that was posted in warning to people going to the gig... it was also an opinion. Who says you can decide what people post about anything? This bitchy attitude you've got towards it is exactly the reason why a lot of people are starting to dislike this board- for the shit like this that inevitably comes with it. Why can't you just state your bit and leave your attitude at home? It's pathetic and a waste of a lot of people's time and money reading through stupid whiny grumpy boy arguments. Preaching how you think people should be, fair enough, but being a little bitch about isn't gonna help yr case is it?

Get off the internet and go change the world and all its "bullshit" for us all please.

steve albino said:
My fucking problem is rumours about bands/individuals being fucked around in public without them getting a chance to defend themselves. My fucking problem is people getting judged on "he said she said". Judge and jury, punk rock. There's enough of that bullshit around already.
But hey, you're in a hurry...
"i know my sources and i dont have to reveal them here just to please you" True - hey is your real name George or Tony?
"fuck you! i have as much right to my stupid opinion on here as everyone else and i had every right to post it"
So that means I do too? No? Damn homey, your logic is too damn subtle...

jillface said:
It was just a bit of info that was posted in warning to people going to the gig... it was also an opinion..
Nope, it was an accusation against a group of people, apparently to the promoters which may have had an effect on their attitude towards the band.(read the posts) .
Why can't you just state your bit and leave your attitude at home? It's pathetic and a waste of a lot of people's time and money reading through stupid whiny grumpy boy arguments..
Here's an idea, don't read my posts.
Who says you can decide what people post about anything? .
Get off the internet and go change the world and all its "bullshit" for us all please.
To sum your argument up, "Don't tell other people not to post. Now, do as I say and don't post".

Just to be clear here, at no point did i say what people should or shouldn't post or whether people should or shouldn't post. Started out looking for some back up info to this rumour ...

steve albino i really don't understand what ur problem is, i have heard all the stories about leftover crack and yes i still went to the gig (however ona side note i wouldn't consider Leftover crack to be a punk band, they play punk rock and i'll take them for face value on that) but i have no reason for doubting the validity of karen and damo's comments. Your gettin all pissed off about a band that more than likely don't give a shit about you, whereas people like damo and the guys in galway who put on the gig do care about 'the scene'. I also find the fact that ur unwilling to say who you actually are is pretty fuckin sad. Damo wasn't trying to discourage people from goin to the gig, he was just putting forward the facts as he knows them and let people make the decision for themselves, i'd hardly call that judge and jury would you?

spuded said:
steve albino i really don't understand what ur problem is,...?
Problem is explained above
he was just putting forward the facts as he knows them and let people make the decision for themselves, i'd hardly call that judge and jury would you?
Nope,,judge and jury is this:
Damien said:
sound like a bunch of cunts who dont deserve to have diy promoters helping them out.?
Whatever, pissing into the wind this is...

guuurrrrr

i don't think damo stating his opinion makes him judge and jury, however you goin on about 'punk rumours' and talkin shit about people who are alot closer to home than leftover crack seems to reek of judge an juror to me. This is bollix anyway, ur tired arguments and refusal to believe someone as truthful as karen and instead believing a bunch of heads you'll never even talk to is boring. Don't get me wrong leftover crack are a great band (no choking victim tho) but i don't doubt that they have done dodgy dodgy things.

Is it that time of the week already? When ppl come over from the general board and start stirring shit cause they're bored. *Yawn!*

<first up if you've not been paying attention to this thread thus far, don't read this, it means nothing in the real world>

hey if i was at home now i could dig out all the old issues of GN and quote you as judge and jury boss.. it's pretty funny to find out who you are..
but anyway, let me put a scenario forward.. imagine you spent a reasonable amount of your free time arranging for bands to play in dublin and around ireland. you put your money, time and effort into things like booking gigs and tours, making food, doing posters, working the sound, doing the door, etc, but you don't deal with bands who ask for guarantees because (a) you don't agree with contracts and guarantees that make this more like a job than a hobby and (b) because you don't have that kind of financial clout, and you refuse to charge more than a pittance for admittance to gigs anyway. however, because only relatively unknown bands with no hype or media machine seem to work this way (in europe anyway) in 1999-2003, most (all?) of your gigs are small, barely (rarely?)break even and most of the time it seems people take the gigs for granted.
every month you seem to be competing more and more with bands who have promotional and marketing machines behind them, not those of a massive multinational of course, but still a of a capitalist nature nonetheless. these bands demand guarantees, etc, and their gigs are much more expensive than yours, but because they've had ads in the big magazines (and, in most cases, are from america), the kids know them and are prepared to pay (in some circumstances) twice the usual gig price to see them. hey, that's shit right, but guy X still has nothing to complain about (unless he's a fanatically right on PC-asfuck dickhead whose preaching ends up turning more people off "the scene" and activism than onto it).
then say guy X (seeing as that's what we're calling him) hears from a few of his trusted friends that a band who fits the above bill perfectly, has acted on more than one occasion in a matter than it completely opposed to the DIY ethos and structure. they are being hyped and everyone is travelling around the country to see them, while he had to struggle to get 40 people into a gig featuring some of the UK's best melodic punk bands six weeks ago and lost money just trying to pay the bands enough to make sure they didnt lose *too* much money coming to ireland. i'd say he's got every right to post one inflamatory remark on a message board renowned for such shit-talking, wouldn't you?

stop taking this shit so seriously, its not like this thread is going to seriously harm LOC's "career", is it?

and stop using US black slang, it makes you seem horribly racist.

this is the last time i'm posting on this thread, i'm off to do something far more productive, i suggest you do the same.

damien said:
<first up if you've not been paying attention to this thread thus far, don't read this, it means nothing in the real world>

hey if i was at home now i could dig out all the old issues of GN and quote you as judge and jury boss.. it's pretty funny to find out who you are..

Pretty easy you mean...
but anyway, let me put a scenario forward.. imagine you spent a reasonable amount of your free time arranging for bands to play in dublin and around ireland. you put your money, time and effort into things like booking gigs and tours, making food, doing posters, working the sound, doing the door, etc, but you don't deal with bands who ask for guarantees because (a) you don't agree with contracts and guarantees that make this more like a job than a hobby and (b) because you don't have that kind of financial clout, and you refuse to charge more than a pittance for admittance to gigs anyway. however, because only relatively unknown bands with no hype or media machine seem to work this way (in europe anyway) in 1999-2003, most (all?) of your gigs are small, barely (rarely?)break even and most of the time it seems people take the gigs for granted. .
I'll try really hard to imagine that.
every month you seem to be competing more and more with bands who have promotional and marketing machines behind them, not those of a massive multinational of course, but still a of a capitalist nature nonetheless. these bands demand guarantees, etc, and their gigs are much more expensive than yours, but because they've had ads in the big magazines (and, in most cases, are from america), the kids know them and are prepared to pay (in some circumstances) twice the usual gig price to see them. hey, that's shit right, but guy X still has nothing to complain about (unless he's a fanatically right on PC-asfuck dickhead whose preaching ends up turning more people off "the scene" and activism than onto it).
then say guy X (seeing as that's what we're calling him) hears from a few of his trusted friends that a band who fits the above bill perfectly, has acted on more than one occasion in a matter than it completely opposed to the DIY ethos and structure. they are being hyped and everyone is travelling around the country to see them, while he had to struggle to get 40 people into a gig featuring some of the UK's best melodic punk bands six weeks ago and lost money just trying to pay the bands enough to make sure they didnt lose *too* much money coming to ireland. i'd say he's got every right to post one inflamatory remark on a message board renowned for such shit-talking, wouldn't you? .
Mr X can do what he wants. If he's uptight and mad at the world for all of it's unfairness and the fact that nobody turns up to his gigs he can try fucking up the tour of people that he's never met, without it once crossing his mind that if he really wanted to do something constructive he could contact the band and see what they have to say.
stop taking this shit so seriously, its not like this thread is going to seriously harm LOC's "career", is it?

Not too worried about anyone's career buddy, not at all.

this is the last time i'm posting on this thread, i'm off to do something far more productive, i suggest you do the same.
yep, pointless isn't it?

Some friends of mine from Leeds put Leftover Crack on and reported similar behaviour. Yes, personally witnessed and were harassed, threatened, etc by them.

they told me they used to steal stuff when they did crack but they don't do it anymore (crack or stealin)
well.. they didn't tell me, i read it somewhere... sounds like crack-head behaviour to me....
incidentally, crack is now available on the streets of dublin
crack crack crack

Don't worry everyone, I'll have this under control.
Steve: While you may like to pretend that what Damo said annoyed you, let's face it. You fucking love it. You need people spouting off Chinese whispers and half backed up facts like priests need altarboys. They are your inspiration, your muses, your raison d'être. Nothing else could justify your fucking ranting. 'Who said this? Does anyone have concrete proof? What if it's all a big mistake?' So fucking what. Someone says something that doesn't tie in with your belief-set? Well grab a fuckin hanky and grit your teeth coz you're about to shoot your load.
Trying to respond to a long reply with short, glancing remarks just shows what can happen if someone with a temper gets into a rage and bangs down any old shit that will come into their head only to come back a few days later after the red haze disperses. Either that or your medication set in. If someone says something you don't agree with, you can use what your mammy gave you. Your fucking brain. It's a fantastic device. I like to use it to filter through information that I either dislike or disagree with and concentrate on the rest. It can also be used for many other things. If you want to suck a band's dick, go ahead and don't use your teeth, but if you're looking for an argument maybe you should start with whoever put you in that fucking mood of yours.
Damo: That Steve lad, wha?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back