League of Ireland - Do people here watch it? (1 Viewer)

Very good win for us,we did have luck with two dundalk lads going off hurt (delighted to see pinocchio byrne hobble off,the bohs prick) but still,deserved winners and could well have been 4 or more goals.Now to kick on and win the league,fai cup and lsc,a decent run in europe would be nice too.
As for the setanta cup itself,people have been predicting its demise for a few years now,hard to say although the northern teams were especially poor this year.Nice variety all the same.

Interesting to think how piss poor they are, and yet the attendances for the top Belfast sides easily rivals that for the LOI. I was at Linfield-Glentoran a few weeks ago and I was told it was a thin crowd but there was easily 4,000 there.

It was also the only time I have ever seen a standing ovation given for a foul. Mind blowing stuff.

Interesting to think how piss poor they are, and yet the attendances for the top Belfast sides easily rivals that for the LOI. I was at Linfield-Glentoran a few weeks ago and I was told it was a thin crowd but there was easily 4,000 there.

It was also the only time I have ever seen a standing ovation given for a foul. Mind blowing stuff.

I think that once you got outside belfast the crowds fall off dramatically.been up in solitude a few times and they have (relatively) good crowds,great little social under the main stand as well.been meaning to get to the oval for a while as well,the glens don't seem to take the whole loyalist thing as seriously as linfield do.

UH OH

This blip is turning crisis. Desperately unlucky not to get a draw but that's all we deserved since we only started playing after an hour. First half was a bit of a joke so many lads taking too many touches, when we passed it it was ponderous and loose too much space between the backline and midfield, novement was too slow, Civez and Oman are actually have fine feet for the last half an hour they passed it through midfield and it looked much better but Sullivan ? What decade is he stuck in ? hoofed it cross field all night made their center halves look even better than they were and they were excellent to begin with. Still should have got a draw.

Ah i have a pain in me bollix with o'neill and his negative football,with the squad we have we should be out beating teams week in,week out.The man's too afraid to let them play football and is happy to settle for draws in the bigger games but when your playing for draws all the time you end up getting beaten.Europe on tuesday should be interesting,hopefully a decent result will give them a bit of confidence after the last few weeks.I wanna see o'neill gone at seasons end.

Considering the squad it is a bit ridiculous alright.

This is what's happening throughout football though, The Barcelona effect, every player who can pass a ball wants to pass the ball again and O Neill, O Sullivan and the likes seem like a dinosaurs. That's why i was so impressed by Civez and Oman when they were allowed to step up and pick a pass in the last half hour.

Europe suits O Niells tactics in that you can play negatively away from home and derive plaudits from it.

Europe suits O Niells tactics in that you can play negatively away from home and derive plaudits from it.

Well he needs to get it right tomorrow or there will be absolute uproar.For once I'll be looking for him to send out a defensively minded team.Twigg up front on his own with turner and rice in behind him then sives and oman in the rear should be solid enough.A no score draw would be fine but I wouldn't object to a goal or two either.

In other L.O.I. news...,will head down myself if I'm in Dublin for the weekend.UCD might be stranded down the wrong end of the table but they always try play nice football.

Bohs match last night was actually a really good game, ruined by a comedy own goal with about 15 minutes to go. I reckon Bohs could have done it if it wasn't for that. Referee was fucking atrocious - let the Slovenians leave the boot in on every tackle. Made some truly bizarre decisions. Heard an amazing shout directed at the Ljubljana right-back as he kept fucking about on throw-ins: "You let the Croatians be slaughtered yis bastards!"
Good craic anyway, too bad about the result.

It's gonna be really hard. While you'd have taken 1-0 after 5 minutes, it's a pity they couldn't grab a goal from those few chances. They might be the best chances they get in the tie. Still, hopefully it'll be a belter of a night next Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back