League of Ireland - Do people here watch it? (2 Viewers)

fair fucks sligo. shamrock rovers were awful. no midfield. joey n'do OUTFUCKINSTANDING. worth freezin the bollox off for.

paul cook i salute you. thats marvellous football. and without two key men. and if only you had amond up top the game would have been over by half time and your voice wouldnt have been so fucked.

both sets of fans were great. heard it looked well on the tv.

Rovers badly need to sign a midfielder or two. Chris Turner is terrible on the ball, Bradley is generally ineffective and Rice (right-back yesterday) is nothing more than an honest grafter.
Unfortunately, they'll probably get Richie Ryan off Sligo. Hope that Sligo team stays together and they pick up one or two players. Cretaro is supposed to be going back there, for one.

don't think anyone could deny sligo deserved the win,apart from the first 10/15 minutes and 10 minutes after half time we never really threatened.thought our defense performed well considering how over-run we were in midfield,i wouldn't be hugely upset to see the back of turner and bradley,they can both play excellent football its just they don't choose to do it too often.shame price was injured and couldnt start necessitating rice being dropped to defense,not saying it would have made a huge difference but im certain we wouldn't have been so out played in the centre of the park.ah well,im not too bothered at all with the loss,the goal this year was to win the league anything else would be a bonus so we got the main job done.off season should be interesting,i can see at least 6 players leaving,i just hope next season o'neill lets us play football,on the few occasions we managed it this season we were great to watch,the hit and hope football does no-one any favours.
trev-it did look great on tv,my sickness meant i had to watch it from the couch unfortunately,lost my voice for it as well so all i could offer by way of support was hand gestures and tut's.shame.

don't think anyone could deny sligo deserved the win,apart from the first 10/15 minutes and 10 minutes after half time we never really threatened.thought our defense performed well considering how over-run we were in midfield,i wouldn't be hugely upset to see the back of turner and bradley,they can both play excellent football its just they don't choose to do it too often.shame price was injured and couldnt start necessitating rice being dropped to defense,not saying it would have made a huge difference but im certain we wouldn't have been so out played in the centre of the park.ah well,im not too bothered at all with the loss,the goal this year was to win the league anything else would be a bonus so we got the main job done.off season should be interesting,i can see at least 6 players leaving,i just hope next season o'neill lets us play football,on the few occasions we managed it this season we were great to watch,the hit and hope football does no-one any favours.
trev-it did look great on tv,my sickness meant i had to watch it from the couch unfortunately,lost my voice for it as well so all i could offer by way of support was hand gestures and tut's.shame.

Agreed, even yesterday at times they passed the ball well then hit a stumbling point in the last third followed by a scramble back as Sligo showed what they can do and have done all season. Above all else it was a great advert for the LOI ( I said that yesterday in a different thread) it could have ended 3-3, Hope to get a season ticket for next year now that I'm not working fridays anymore. 36,000. That's only a little shy of those who had to endure the Everton vs Arsenal dabacle I watched in the pub with stereo eyes on the first half of the final.

Seems the fai have decided in their infinite wisdom to bring back a 12 team premier division and introduce an end of season split table a la scottish football (they still do it yeah?) A far wiser move would have been to make a 16/18 team league and put the rest in the a championship,playing the same teams again and again takes the edge off things a bit or a lot depending on the opposition.
About the only positive is summer football being retained.

at last some signings http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/press-releases/1768-hoops-scoop-top-young-talent
apparently a few more to be announced in due time,looks like we should have a good team together for next season.
meanwhile up dalymount way two anonymous players continue to threaten to drive the gypo's to the wall http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...es-on-brink-of-going-to-the-wall-2491017.html ,all that fund raising might well be for naught.although having said that threatening it and actually doing it are two completely different things,time will tell.
roll on march.

Just watched the Sligo highlights, they should have gotten something out of it in fairness. They really are playing some great stuff going forward, feel kind of sorry for their defence they made a bollox of it for the goal and wouldn't you know it, it's John Giles doing MNS.

Bohs on now looked decent enough, Empty stadium though where are all the punks now?

Just watched the Sligo highlights, they should have gotten something out of it in fairness. They really are playing some great stuff going forward, feel kind of sorry for their defence they made a bollox of it for the goal and wouldn't you know it, it's John Giles doing MNS.

Bohs on now looked decent enough, Empty stadium though where are all the punks now?

Fuck sligo,they're not called the bitter reds for nothing.
Pats at home tomorrow should be good,a win and we'll be off to a great start to the season considering who we've played.
mns need to sort themselves out,far too much waffle and unnecessary shite,just stick to showing football,its what we wanna see.

Fuck sligo,they're not called the bitter reds for nothing.
Pats at home tomorrow should be good,a win and we'll be off to a great start to the season considering who we've played.
mns need to sort themselves out,far too much waffle and unnecessary shite,just stick to showing football,its what we wanna see.

It is getting more and more ridiculous the Rovers match had about 5 minutes of highlights and about the same of waffle. The bohs one was shorter but they talked for easily double that length.

Agreed, too much chat. And I wish they'd show proper highlights of at least one game instead of news roundup highlights. Why not have a commentator for the Sligo-Rovers game instead of a crap voiceover and crapper music?

Roddy Collins, arsehole.

http://pauldollery.com/?p=139&preview=true

RODDY COLLINS has launched an astonishing verbal attack on Cork City manager Tommy Dunne, labelling the City boss “a boy doing a man’s job.”
The outburst comes ahead of Friday evening’s Airtricity League First Division fixture at Turner’s Cross, as Collins brings his Monaghan United side to Leeside to take on the Rebel Army.
“Cork are a good unit. They have a great set-up, fantastic training facilities, a big catchment area and a fine squad. But unfortunately they have a boy doing a man’s job as their manager,” said Collins.
“The job is too big for him and that will prove itself. He was only an understudy to me. It’s a pity, because it’s a massive club. It’s a Premier Division club, they shouldn’t be down in the First Division.”
Collins took over as City manager early in 2010, but lost his job after the club’s holding company was wound up at the High Court before the start of the season.
FORAS took over the running of the club from previous owner Tom Coughlan and Collins was eager to be reappointed. However, the manager’s job was given to Tommy Dunne, a decision Collins appears to resent.
He said: “I have no reason to expect a hostile reception from the Cork supporters on Friday. I worked hard when I was down in Cork, trying to put a club together, and I never got a week’s wages. I had nothing to do with what went on behind the scenes.
“I gave up a job in Malta to take over at Cork City. Tom Coughlan was my boss so my allegiance was to the man who was employing me. I would have given the same commitment and loyalty to anyone.
“I’m loyal to people who are loyal to me. Tom gave me that job and I was grateful for it. I’d have given to same commitment to the lads in FORAS if they had given me the job.
“I don’t understand why there should be any bad feeling towards Roddy Collins because all I did was work very hard for no money. I did nothing wrong.”
Collins added that he still harbours ambitions of managing Cork City in the future.
“I would absolutely love to manage that club. I was made for that job. If the lads from FORAS had given me the opportunity last year I would have gotten them promoted.”
This article appeared in the Evening Echo on Wednesday, March 30th, 2011.

Shocking game on rte there,I really hope no-one with the idea of going along to a game was watching it,would put anyone off.
Rovers 4-0 up in drogheda,shame i couldn't make it,always one of my favourite away trips.league table should have a pleasing look to it,13 points from 15 and four tough games out of the way.

yeah Pats v Bohs was hard to watch.

Meanwhile in the incredibly difficult 1st Division:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

back to the markets field next season so hopefully a good show in this campaign will generate more interest.
brought in a good few new lads this season so still only starting to gel - injuries and suspensions to our main goalscorers hasnt helped
but we're in the mix there at the moment so happy enough with the start.

Reckon yis will get promoted anytime soon?I wish they'd just make it an 18 team league and be done with it,none of this playing teams 4 times in the league then possibly again in the fai/league/ls cup,by may 3rd we'll have played dundalk 3 times already.Its too much.

hard to say. i think the 1st division will be even tougher this year than it was last year. the problem for us is no sooner do we land a decent player we've lost another. probably the same at most clubs i guess but seems to happen to us season after season, so we start each campaign with a pile of new lads - a few of them who have just made the step up from junior football and need a bit of time to bed in. We've Barry Ryan (ex Pats, Galway etc) in goals at the moment - his brother Davey is our normal 1st choice keeper but is out injured, Our back four looks decent and has lads with Prem experience in Purcell and Frost, midfield is a tad light for the 1st division - we've two lovely ball players but no watercarrier which you need in this division especially against the likes of Monaghan, Longford etc, we've a couple of new wingers who could turn out to be decent and we're pretty decent up front despite one of our main goal threats breaking his league during the opening game :-(

yeah i'd like to see the expanded league as well.

Barry ryan's a good goalie,should do well for yis,seems like a decent sort too,always took any stick we gave him well and gave us a wave at the end of the half.
No way to winter football,Tallaght is bad enough in march never mind say january,not to mention oriel/dalyer etc where away fan's don't even have a roof over their head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back