League of Ireland - Do people here watch it? (2 Viewers)

BonsaiSuperstar

do people here regularly go to watch league of ireland football?

who do you support?

i have gone to Cork City a good bit, a few Galway United matches when i lived there.

i just moved to Dublin and looking at what team to go see, but not support!
as i live in Dublin 8 it looks like St Pats are the closest and i also get European Football!!

I used to go to Pat's with my dad around the time Dolan was boss and they won the league.
Haven't been in years now though.
I live in South Dublin so was gonna start going to Bray but they're not even the same county.
Starting in UCD on Monday so I guess that's me sorted now.

i had a season ticket with drogheda for 5 seasons up until the child was born in 2004, now i just get to matches when i can, not as regularly as id like tbh

as i live in Dublin 8 it looks like St Pats are the closest and i also get European Football!!

Pats play lovely football. Did you see the game against Linfield on Tuesday? Keith Fahy was majestic for the first hour, then faded badly. Still, he's probably the best player in the league and worth getting along to see.

I come from strong football stock and therefore have gone to LOI games frequently since I was a kid. I don't go as regularly as I used to - have been to 9 or 10 games this season. My brother is a Rovers fan, I'd always say I'm a Pats fan but in reality I'm a neutral. Never really developed a strong affection for any one club as I was brought to whatever was the best game on the particular weekend (or whoever a family member was playing for) as a child and skitted between teams after that.

Bohs fan here, went about every 3 games, I just don't like paying 20 Euros in. Even the cheap booze doesn't make up for that price, it should only be 15 euros at most.

went to almost every sligo rovers game from the ages of about 5-15, home and away.

dont get to see the bit o' red too much these days though- should really buy a season ticket to keep the place afloat... its a total soccer town, i love the disdain the local heads have for the gaaaaa...

I've support Irish football for a fair few years now. Through moving about a bit I've been to Kilkenny AFC, a regular at Limerick 37 and at the start of this season went to about 7 Cork City games. Now I'm going to see Galway Utd. I'm a great believer in supporting our own clubs first and foremost. Live Football is great at any level, theres more to the game than watching 22 blokes kick a ball about, there the slagging, atmosphere, misery, hate etc.

i used to go to pats/bohs games with my dad all the time.

I was never that interested in the football but I went along for the pub and social commentary....

the league of ireland has been a bit of a joke this year what with all the financial woes and deductions but i hope this isnt true.

FAI to probe St Pat's betting claims

The FAI has confirmed that it will carry out an investigation into suspected irregular betting patterns around recent St Patrick's Athletic fixtures.
The FAI has written to the Dublin club and a number of bookmakers asking that they share any information they might have to substantiate the suspicions raised by Saints.
A report this morning has claimed that players from St Pat's have been allegedly betting against themselves in recent games.

The allegations, made in the Irish Daily Mail, relate to recent defeats for Pat's against Cobh Ramblers and Galway United.
The games in question saw Pat's lose 3-0 at home to Cobh and 1-0 when they hosted Galway, both candidates for relegation.
The club's Chief Executive, Richard Saddlier, has revealed that he is 'extremly concerned' about the allegations and confirmed that he held a meeting with the players last night in connection with the report.
The club will be launching a full investigation into the claims and have declined to comment further until more details emerge.
Pat's are currently second in the eircom League of Ireland Premier Division table with two games left.

I really hope this isn't true.
Pats did put out a reserve side against Galway so it's no surprise that they lost and that there were plenty of people betting on that outcome.
The Cobh game is harder to explain, but it does fit into a pattern of bad form from Pats.

how did i miss this thread....

I'm Limerick FC/37/Utd/City etc etc through and through :) big game next saturday v title chasing Shels at Tolka.

worst prem division i can remember this year.

and gary dempsey is the pats player in the betting scandal. he put 20euro on a galway (to beat his team pats) and man utd double. he lost the bet when man u were beaten.

how did i miss this thread....

I'm Limerick FC/37/Utd/City etc etc through and through :) big game next saturday v title chasing Shels at Tolka.

worst prem division i can remember this year.

and gary dempsey is the pats player in the betting scandal. he put 20euro on a galway (to beat his team pats) and man utd double. he lost the bet when man u were beaten.

Gary Dempsey famous quote:

Said after agreeing to play as an amateur for Aberdeen:
"I would rather be on the dole than play for Dunfermline"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Dempsey_(footballer)

Pats play lovely football. Did you see the game against Linfield on Tuesday? Keith Fahy was majestic for the first hour, then faded badly. Still, he's probably the best player in the league and worth getting along to see.

Good performance from Fahey last night again against Derry. He is a great player but does have lazy moments.
I think there were some English scouts in the stands last night.
It will be hard for pats to keep him over the winter considering the Irish season is over now.

cork city from about 91 to present, bar a gap of about 4 or 5 years where i lost the passion. its back now though :)

was that the period when they decided to not score goals. i stopped going then as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back