LCD Soundsystem (1 Viewer)

the internet has jizzed the new record out. listening at the moment. drunk girls doesn't seem as shit this time around.
like a either a bowie song or a song from the blur album.

On the day the album was leaked (and on the very forum it was leaked on) someone posted this:
"At tonight's show in new york, James Murphy literally got down on his knees and begged for no one to leak the album."

thisishappening

Streaming on his website now.

I like the first song a lot.
The part of me that is underwhelmed is the part of me that really likes complicated things, and there is not much complicated here at all, but there is a lot of nice grooves. Drunk Girls reminds me a lot of Boys Keep Swinging and on M.O.R. by Blur.
The third song, One Touch, reminds me (a lot) Deserter by Matthew Dear.
The fourth one, All I Want, has a huge "Heroes" vibe off its main guitar riff bit.
I have yet to identify what the rest of it is based on!
First LCD Soundsystem album I've ever really stuck with to be honest. I do like it but he gets a lot of good old fashioned hype doesn't he.

I first came across it here - these dudes are always first with everything indie-ish etc.

For the major labels, it's over. It's fucking over. You're going to burn to the fucking ground, and we're all going to dance around the fire.

Arf

The album is excellent on first listen - the lyrics on "You Wanted a Hit" are awful cloying bullshit though.

Yeah, same with the title track from the last record.
Overall though, this is a beaut.

I first came across it here - these dudes are always first with everything indie-ish etc.

The album is excellent on first listen - the lyrics on "You Wanted a Hit" are awful cloying bullshit though.

I heard a leaked version that sounded much worse than the tracks that are now streaming on the LCD site.
Not sure if it's the same one that's doing the rounds, but it had been processed, compressed/limted etc in a nasty way. The one I heard is definitely not a rip, somebody had tampered with it.
I imagine that had something to do with them deciding to stream it.

I heard a leaked version that sounded much worse than the tracks that are now streaming on the LCD site.
Not sure if it's the same one that's doing the rounds, but it had been processed, compressed/limted etc in a nasty way. The one I heard is definitely not a rip, somebody had tampered with it.
I imagine that had something to do with them deciding to stream it.
Yep, the one i nabbed is pretty patchy in parts particularly the first track.

Just looking at the tour dates there, unless they can fit us in after Paris I reckon it'll just be cancelled. They're playing EP so they'll probably just think thats enough. I certainly hope they play a proper show over here anyway.

Ah fuck that.
I will remember this as the point that the volcano stopped being an amusing news story. Fucksticks.
What's the story with that bit on State saying it's unlikely that there would be any refunds or tickets valid for a rescheduled date? That would be rubbing shite into the wound.

Really enjoying the album anyway, the one that sounds like This Must Be the Place, and the one that sounds like Heroes/Here Come the Warm Jets are my favourites, nay as good as anything he's ever done. On the other hand, the one that sounds like Nightclubbing is awful.

Ah fuck that.
What's the story with that bit on State saying it's unlikely that there would be any refunds or tickets valid for a rescheduled date? That would be rubbing shite into the wound.

it would also contravene consumer rights laws.

they have to give an option of either a refund or reschedule. They don't have the option not it. (I don't think theres any 'act of god' clause in consumer rights issues). Even if there was, most LCD Soundsystems fans don't believe in god.

it would also contravene consumer rights laws.

they have to give an option of either a refund or reschedule. They don't have the option not it. (I don't think theres any 'act of god' clause in consumer rights issues). Even if there was, most LCD Soundsystems fans don't believe in god.

I thought it seemed a strange thing to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back