Ladies - great hairdresser recommendation (3 Viewers)

jesus!

:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10VmJ-8XGA4

Bride wigs out and cuts all of her hair off hours before the wedding

takes a few minutes and the..

freak out

Oh wow!

That is pretty major. I was my sister's bridesmaid and on the day of the wedding she changed the plan for our hairstyles. Instead of nice simple French Rolls she decided we'd have this weird upstyle that was all criss-crossed at the back and loops on the top. While they were still doing her hair I walked out of the hairdresser's, round the corner and burst into tears - so embarrassing. But I hated it that much and just hadn't the heart to tell her. Calmed down, survived through the day.

Later a friend of mine and my little brother had to help me to take all the hairclips out - over 100 :eek: and even when they were all out it still sat there there was so much hairspray in it!

Those bridesmaids don't know how lucky they were.

In this instance I cannot overstate the necessity to befriend your hairdresser and build some form o' relationship with them so that they will not shag up your barnet. I am a fan of local salon for local people, and frequent the one up the road. It's me and 4 aul wans getting their perms put in usually. But they know me, they don't fuck about, the do what I ask and we have a nice chat about holidays etc. They've never let me down yet. And it's 27 euro for a cut n blow dry. SCORE. I went in on saturday and the lovely girl who does my hair even suggested some big rollers for that 60's barnet look. DEADLY so it was. I'm gonna get me some rollers.

Was it this place Kirstie? I got a cut there last year and it was bob-tastic.

has anyone ever legged it from a barbers or hairdressers?

you know if you're trying to explain a cut to someone and you know they just don't get it? and you know that the eventual outcome is going to be skinhead

have you ever hopped the twig?
not quite legged it but i was once told to leave that barbers on the corner of dorset street because i asked him to cut my hair, not shave it, cut it. then i just went directly across the street to the barber on other side and he cut it no proper. maybe it was the fact it was one of those cheapo 'haircut for £3' days that he just wasn't arsed. or he really couldn't cut hair, i dunno.

In this instance I cannot overstate the necessity to befriend your hairdresser and build some form o' relationship with them so that they will not shag up your barnet. I am a fan of local salon for local people, and frequent the one up the road. It's me and 4 aul wans getting their perms put in usually. But they know me, they don't fuck about, the do what I ask and we have a nice chat about holidays etc. They've never let me down yet. And it's 27 euro for a cut n blow dry. SCORE. I went in on saturday and the lovely girl who does my hair even suggested some big rollers for that 60's barnet look. DEADLY so it was. I'm gonna get me some rollers.

yes up the local wans! mine does it from her garage and costs about a tenner for a dry cut, or 28 for me, my mam and my sister. she does a great job, except that she once near ripped my eyebrow bar (RIP) out, i sat in shock as blood dripped down my face. she also talks none stop in an o-ild skewal weeeklow accennnt .|..| and leaves her model daughters portfolio and magazine spreads just lying around where we can see them...

naturally though i can't have my own way cuz apparently i look garrrrrgiz with short hair. hmph

also keep an eye out around where you live for trainee hairdressers offering colouring. its free!

Oh wow!

That is pretty major. I was my sister's bridesmaid and on the day of the wedding she changed the plan for our hairstyles. Instead of nice simple French Rolls she decided we'd have this weird upstyle that was all criss-crossed at the back and loops on the top. While they were still doing her hair I walked out of the hairdresser's, round the corner and burst into tears - so embarrassing. But I hated it that much and just hadn't the heart to tell her. Calmed down, survived through the day.

Later a friend of mine and my little brother had to help me to take all the hairclips out - over 100 :eek: and even when they were all out it still sat there there was so much hairspray in it!

Those bridesmaids don't know how lucky they were.

I really *really* regret not doing my own hair for my sister's wedding. I went along on the morning to a hairdresser in Killarney to have it kinda half put up and clipped nicely so it wouldn't blow away in the 90million mile an hour stormforce gales outside. So i sit down and she takes a comb and goes to brush out the top few inches (my mop is curly and long and goes into ringlets like, so brushing out the fucking top of it is not a fucking good idea). I just managed to stop her in time and redirect her. She ended up pulling it back in a way that really didn't suit my face - but the problem was, this only struck me back at the house, It looked kinda semi alright in the mirror in the hairdressers. IT's like that Seinfeld episode - "SKINNNYY MIRRRRORS, JERRRYY!!!"

Anyway, I know that feeling of going home and going AH FUCK! and wanting to weep. I took out half the clips and fixed it a bit, but still, I should've just saved the cash and done it meself. Plus, my bro's SPanish girlfriend was with me in the hairdressers and got her just blowdried, nothing fancy, and it looked deadly. I was there with my hairspray head thinking fuck this. Just glad I didn't chop it all off like the Bride of Frankenstein in the youtube clip - bleedin hell, horrible stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back