Ladies - great hairdresser recommendation (3 Viewers)

Chatty hairdressers, what the deal with that?!.

I was getting a haircut the other day and one of the barbers was cutting a lithuanian guys hair. The Lithuanian guy was over here for about a year, living in Nass doing this and that.

I know this because depsite the first thing he said to the barber" hello (smiling politely)ha,,i dont really want to talk..(in broken english),the barber harangued him the whole time..

" What? Are you Polish? Polish is it? No? Lithuanina? Living here long then? What do you do? etc etc relentlessy

i wish. no, he just kept pestering me about my job except i didnt have one at the time and i had to make up answers. the first thing he asked was if i had the day off so i said i did, yes, and it escalated from there. no chatting in this new place

I usually lie through my teeth in order to explain away the state of my hair and why I haven't had it cut for six months, e.g. I've just returned from climbing Everest, or I'm a UN peackeeper.

Honestly, I'd rather go to the dentist.

I usually lie through my teeth in order to explain away the state of my hair and why I haven't had it cut for six months, e.g. I've just returned from climbing Everest, or I'm a UN peackeeper.

Honestly, I'd rather go to the dentist.

I used to feel like that too. For about 10 years I went through phases of getting so sick of my hair that I would give up and go to a hairdresser, get it all chopped off, end up so appalled by the cost, time taken and the general humiliation that I couldn't face it again so spend 2 years letting my hair do it's own thing again... and then restart the whole thing.

Actually, I still feel like that... but unfortunately I started going to a hairdresser on Grafton St, who also cuts a friend of mine's hair... and if I haven't been in a while he starts nagging my friend, who nags me. Plus I see him around, and if I haven't been in a while he makes comments about me needing a trim.

He's a nice guy and a good hairdresser, and he's right... but it's annoying nonetheless.

I think going to a hairdresser and getting a cut you're pleased with requires a bit of ecker beforehand. Trawl t'internet, find out what would suit your hair type (if your hair is fine then a really voluminous cut isn't going to be possible without a lot of product, if it's curly a sleek do probably won't be achieveable each morning unless you get up at 6am). Do you like it down or up? Does your cut need to be versatile - like I cannot bear my hair around my face except occasionally and I always tell my hairdresser that so she won't cut stupid bits so short I can't tie them back. If it's fine and flat ask for long layers to add body to it - just do a bit of research before you go in and you should end up relatively pleased with the results.

that sounds like intimidation, a protection racket or something. he needs sorting out. how much is a hair-do on grafton street?

Yep, it feels like it sometimes too. It's around €50 for over an hour of faffing about. Still, he does do a good cut.

i get my haircut once a year, and i'm always too embarrased to be specific about what i want. So i place my trust in the hands of the barber.
A couple of years ago i got it cut in the barbers in the square and the bird there cut my hair exactly like this.
jennifer_aniston_3.jpg

when i got home and saw it i nearly started crying.

OMG :eek:

i had my worst barber experience in that place in the basement on westmoreland st - the waldorf i think its called, it has a picture outside of john bruton laughing. i decided to go in and pay to have my 6 months of beard shaved off rather than spend all day at it myself so i got the hot towels and cut throat etc but she cut the face off me and i had to go to work then dripping blood all over the place.

hahaahahahaha x 50 million

i get my haircut once a year, and i'm always too embarrased to be specific about what i want. So i place my trust in the hands of the barber.
A couple of years ago i got it cut in the barbers in the square and the bird there cut my hair exactly like this.
jennifer_aniston_3.jpg

has anyone ever legged it from a barbers or hairdressers?

you know if you're trying to explain a cut to someone and you know they just don't get it? and you know that the eventual outcome is going to be skinhead

have you ever hopped the twig?

OMG :eek:

i had my worst barber experience in that place in the basement on westmoreland st - the waldorf i think its called, it has a picture outside of john bruton laughing. i decided to go in and pay to have my 6 months of beard shaved off rather than spend all day at it myself so i got the hot towels and cut throat etc but she cut the face off me and i had to go to work then dripping blood all over the place.

i always wanted to get that done, without the bleeding or course. Did you get the head massage?

has anyone ever legged it from a barbers or hairdressers?

you know if you're trying to explain a cut to someone and you know they just don't get it? and you know that the eventual outcome is going to be skinhead

have you ever hopped the twig?

No, but I did leave mid-cut once - and refused to pay. The girl was absolutely refusing to listen to me and had made a total mess of my hair which I went to another place accross the road to have fixed as best they could.

No, but I did leave mid-cut once - and refused to pay. The girl was absolutely refusing to listen to me and had made a total mess of my hair which I went to another place accross the road to have fixed as best they could.

deadly! there's nothing worse than someone finishing a cut badly and going "thanks, that's great" as you're heart sinks into your stomach and you try and think where can you go to find a hat to conceal your head on the journey home

i used to go to a guy in galway called Barry who works in a salon called Memento, and if you feel like travelling, i highly recommend him! I'm actually travelling to the boyf in galway at the weekend and pencilling in some highlights and a cut too! I learned my lesson (stick with a good hairdresser) when i went to a different hairdresser last time and came out with a bob. :(

i was advised by colleagues to go see this bloke who fancied himself as 'har dressa to da starz' or some such, as they all thought he was the shit. i was expecting warren beatty in 'shampoo' but ....he cuts the blithers outta my hair and then wanted IR£80 in payment. the girl on reception laughed her head off when i went to pay and she saw me hair, called him over and started taking him to task over what he'd done. and she argued on my behalf that i should not pay. it looked like a mad mans arse for a good few years after. fuxake

jesus!

:eek:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Bride wigs out and cuts all of her hair off hours before the wedding

takes a few minutes and the..

freak out

Its all down to nerves

nerves and mental instability

see the comment " that poor, poor husband"

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back