Ladies - great hairdresser recommendation (1 Viewer)

Diddles

I'll be very specific about this.

ME: Hello Hairdresser, I would like you to cut my hair please. Every hairdresser prior to you has cut my hair in the same way since I was a teenager, apart from that one time when that local hairdresser gave me a mullet. I know I have fine hair and there's a limit to what you can do, but can you please cut my hair in such a way that it looks dramatically different and really suits me, instead of giving me a fringless bob.

HAIRDRESSER: Of course Madam, I am very creative and extremely knowledgable about hairstyles and will now give you the best haircut ever. In addition, you will be able to recreate this style effortlessly every day at home as I am fully aware that you have neither the time nor the skill to be fucking around with a hairdryer each day.

85043289-0-m.jpg

is there some inside rule that every hairdresser must a certain style of hairstyle (let's call it the 'myspace' style) that makes them look idiotic. it's not like a plumber would do a botch job on his own toilet, would he now?

In this instance I cannot overstate the necessity to befriend your hairdresser and build some form o' relationship with them so that they will not shag up your barnet. I am a fan of local salon for local people, and frequent the one up the road. It's me and 4 aul wans getting their perms put in usually. But they know me, they don't fuck about, the do what I ask and we have a nice chat about holidays etc. They've never let me down yet. And it's 27 euro for a cut n blow dry. SCORE. I went in on saturday and the lovely girl who does my hair even suggested some big rollers for that 60's barnet look. DEADLY so it was. I'm gonna get me some rollers.

In this instance I cannot overstate the necessity to befriend your hairdresser and build some form o' relationship with them so that they will not shag up your barnet. I am a fan of local salon for local people, and frequent the one up the road. It's me and 4 aul wans getting their perms put in usually. But they know me, they don't fuck about, the do what I ask and we have a nice chat about holidays etc. They've never let me down yet. And it's 27 euro for a cut n blow dry. SCORE. I went in on saturday and the lovely girl who does my hair even suggested some big rollers for that

Last time I went local yer woman gave me a mullet. Also I don't know what I want, just something that suits me, is not a bob and is fashionablish. I want someone to take charge and sort my hair out.

a dry cut in The Barber Shop on clanbrassil st is €8.50, €12.50 if you get the beard done too. Not the cheapest but not over the top either and they do a good job.

Last time I went local yer woman gave me a mullet. Also I don't know what I want, just something that suits me, is not a bob and is fashionablish. I want someone to take charge and sort my hair out.

that's probably it so - you have to know what you want really.

a dry cut in The Barber Shop on clanbrassil st is €8.50, €12.50 if you get the beard done too. Not the cheapest but not over the top either and they do a good job.

that's very good. New salon around my corner charges €18 for a dry cut - does ladies hair mostly I'd say.

other places down here average around €12. With a shit selection of reading material.

theres a couple of places near the corner of dorset st and north fredrick st that will cut your hair for €5.50 if you go on a monday or tuesday - i went to one once and the cut was fine but the barber was a bit too chatty for my liking.

theres a couple of places near the corner of dorset st and north fredrick st that will cut your hair for €5.50 if you go on a monday or tuesday - i went to one once and the cut was fine but the barber was a bit too chatty for my liking.

Did he drop the comb in your lap?

There was a barber in dun laoghaire that was alleged to have done that a few times.

Chatty hairdressers, what the deal with that?! I like to shut my eyes and disappear and then open them again when it's done. The odd sentence here and there is fine but fuck all this holiday talk shite.

Did he drop the comb in your lap?

There was a barber in dun laoghaire that was alleged to have done that a few times.

i wish. no, he just kept pestering me about my job except i didnt have one at the time and i had to make up answers. the first thing he asked was if i had the day off so i said i did, yes, and it escalated from there. no chatting in this new place

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back