LA - cheap accommodation (1 Viewer)

David Kronenbourg

Solutions
Going by myself in November. Can anyone recommend cheap accommodation in a good area with interesting stuff and good bars/music venues and shit?

I’ve never used AirBNB before and I usually let someone more organised than myself do the logistics when going on holiday.

Cheap activity recommendations also welcomed... I'm gonna stalk Larry David!

You're gonna suffer for going on your own.
Well, I can’t help it if I have no friends. Thanks for being so insensitive.

Nah, I’m going to visit a friend, but I can’t stay with her because she’s just moved back in with her folks to help them out so it’s either skid row motels, the beach or something a little more expensive.

Just had a look on Air BNB and there’s studio apartments and one bed places for £60 and under. How safe is Air BNB? Are people who rent out their properties screened properly? I’m more concerned about getting ripped off than murdered.

i've used it a couple of times with no problems except some cheeky frenchies trying to charge us for the repair of a radiator that fell off the wall because they didn't read the manual properly about how it should be installed

fucking 80 kg radiator fixed to thin plasterboard with spring toggles

idiots

ahem.

and not only that, they fixed it back up the same way, the stupid cunts. and there were filled-in holes on the wall from where it had pulled loose twice previously. i mean for fuck's sake.

i guess that doesn't help you much, just needed to get it off my chest

I wonder how many film directors will put restraining orders on me by the time my holiday is over. I’ve already been googling “David Lynch’s house”…

No, I can’t drive.

I’m planning to use public transport and my friend has a car, although she’s only going to be able to take a few days off work. I guess I’ll use taxis/Uber cars when I’m getting around in the evening.

It's a massive city sprawling as you well know. Picking accommodation near where you'll be doing most of your activities might be prudent.

Can't drive? Dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back