LA - cheap accommodation (1 Viewer)

Going by myself in November. Can anyone recommend cheap accommodation in a good area with interesting stuff and good bars/music venues and shit?

I’ve never used AirBNB before and I usually let someone more organised than myself do the logistics when going on holiday.

Cheap activity recommendations also welcomed... I'm gonna stalk Larry David!

Me and my wife stayed here about 10 years ago. It was fine, nothing amazing. Right around the corner from Hollwywood Boulevard. I remember you had to pay extra for towels.

http://orangedrivehostel.com/

I fuckin hate LA. Awful shithole full of false wankers.

I stayed in some hostel down on venice beach (back in 1998). We arrived there late and went out looking for grub. The cops pulled up beside us asking what 5 'white-guys' were doing walking around that area that late. They ended up giving us a lift to some diner and advised us to get a taxi back after. When we got up the next morning and it was bright out, we saw what they meant. It was in the middle of some ghetto.

Edit: Actually I take that back. It is awful and it is a shithole and it is full of false wankers, but I stayed there for 1.5 days at the end of a road-trip around california/nevada/arizona and we got more excitement in those 1.5 days. I remember the 5 of us walking up the promenade on venice beach and some homeless guy (there was a lot of them slept on the beach) heckling us along the lines of 'are you kids skipping school' (we were all 22/23 at the time.

Then down on santa monica beach they were filming baywatch. While me and one of the other lads were getting hassle off the set security, the other 2 managed to sneak up right behind the cameraman. Have some great photos of that day, including a 'team photo' with some of the contestants of 'miss baywatch', which was the episode they were filming. One of them hit on one of my mates and I ruined it for him (I'm a good friend like that).

I fuckin hate LA. Awful shithole full of false wankers.

I stayed in some hostel down on venice beach (back in 1998). We arrived there late and went out looking for grub. The cops pulled up beside us asking what 5 'white-guys' were doing walking around that area that late. They ended up giving us a lift to some diner and advised us to get a taxi back after. When we got up the next morning and it was bright out, we saw what they meant. It was in the middle of some ghetto.

I had an experience on Sheriff St after a gig at the Point.

Gard car pulls up asking what were doing there
"Walking home"
"Well, I'd walk fucking quickly. this is bandit country"
Car zooms off

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back