KODALINE ARE PEEWANK. (1 Viewer)

One of them actually said this while being interviewed on Other Voices:

"The music we were making and stuff like we didn't actually believe in it type thing?"

So, they are basically a bunch of fucking idiots. Can we move on?

Just Re: The Thrills.

Why do you think they were so "vilified" ?
Because they were posh?
Because they wanted to be american so bad?
The voice he put on?

I think it was the voice.

I thought that the Gift Grub sketches torpedoed them. But maybe they just played into what the public already thought of them.

There were Jay Leno a couple of days ago......oh the LOLZ.
Major label strategy 101-
1. pile a ton of money into an act that'll appeal to as broad a demographic as possible. Put them everywhere like a mc donalds.
2.Hope to recoup that cost.

I literally just watched the performance:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What an awful tuneless song. There's no decent melody, no catchy hooks, fuck all. It's a song for teenage girls to crawl up and cry to. Tuna Mullally thinks they "knocked it out of the park" with that Jay Leno spot.

I just hope they're riding everything in sight, it would be the only way to get through having to play such mawkish nonsense every day. Makes me almost wish Mainline had made it big.

Just Re: The Thrills.

Why do you think they were so "vilified" ?
Because they were posh?
Because they wanted to be american so bad?
The voice he put on?

I think it was the voice.

I don't know why they were vilified but, for me, their downfall was when they were on Total Request Live with Carson Daly live from Times Square on MTV promoting that Corey Haim song and they acted like they were far too cool to be there and answered the enthusiastic questions in monosyllabic grunts. Bunch of dicks, I thought. It's not like they'd just released something to rival Astral Weeks. Wasn't surprised they disappeared soon after.

The smug looking one in the scarf from that album cover manages Little Green Cars now.

I don't know why they were vilified but, for me, their downfall was when they were on Total Request Live with Carson Daly live from Times Square on MTV promoting that Corey Haim song and they acted like they were far too cool to be there and answered the enthusiastic questions in monosyllabic grunts. Bunch of dicks, I thought. It's not like they'd just released something to rival Astral Weeks. Wasn't surprised they disappeared soon after.

The smug looking one in the scarf from that album cover manages Little Green Cars now.

Toward the end they made a concert movie. I was asked to go because "they needed bodies"
It was a failed defibrillation. Some very unintentionally funny moments though.

Was that released? I'd love to see (five minutes of) it.

I saw it in the IFI. With the band!!!!

There's a particular scene where the band are in France or somewhere trying to record and the singer has fucked off to America to do something else. So they're all pissed off and when he comes back matters come to a head and they have it out.
Singer is all pissed off and yells across the room "Do you know what I was doing in America???? WRITING SONGS!!!!!"
He looked like such a tit saying it and it took almost everything I had not to guffaw.

I saw it in the IFI. With the band!!!!

There's a particular scene where the band are in France or somewhere trying to record and the singer has fucked off to America to do something else. So they're all pissed off and when he comes back matters come to a head and they have it out.
Singer is all pissed off and yells across the room "Do you know what I was doing in America???? WRITING SONGS!!!!!"
He looked like such a tit saying it and it took almost everything I had not to guffaw.

Ha!
I fucking HAVE to see that film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back