KODALINE ARE PEEWANK. (1 Viewer)

Not every band from Swords can be amazing.

swords fife and drum band would spice up the lamb

band.JPG

Faint praise @CinnamonBoy, faint praise.

Anyway, that blog post in the Irish Times is pretty obnoxiously written but, well, it's a blog so it's never gonna more than opinion.

Last edited:
Kodaline ..sounds like an over the counter headache remedy.
But ..paradoxically..they give me a headache*.

Oh the irony.

*I havent heard them.Prevention is the best medicine.

The Coronas look and sound like every band from every village in Ireland; this is our Coldplay song, this is our Snow Patrol song, this is our Irish folky song...but they have inexplicably become popular

Hate is too strong a word..I'm more baffled at their popularity

and I hate them for making me feel that way

Thats a great observation Jounny.

Theres a good two or three of those acts in this town!

Sure I wish that for everybody.

More power to everybody..in everything they do.

At the end of the day I wish these bands all the success they can get

The_Thrills-So_Much_for_the_City_%28album_cover%29.jpg

Some brilliant pop songs on that record.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You're all a bunch of failed bitter haters.

And wasn't Final Straw a good record for what it was?

Seems it's okay on here to fucking rave about a decent pop act like Wham! with the safety of time and retro sheen.
Most of ye would have been mortified to say ye liked Wham! when they were actually releasing records, because the only people that bought their records were teenage girls.

Seems it's okay on here to fucking rave about a decent pop act like Wham! with the safety of time and retro sheen.
Most of ye would have been mortified to say ye liked Wham! when they were actually releasing records, because the only people that bought their records were teenage girls.

I'd disagree with that. Sure most of them on here are Lana Del Rey fanatics and fully out about it.
Anyway, no Kodaline record will ever sound any better or have any kind of sheen, except shit sheen, in 25 years.

Some brilliant pop songs on that record.

There are zero pop songs of the type that I like on that record. I found it full of songs that were so terrified of sounding 'dated' that they retreated into retro noises in the mistaken belief that because some songs from the 60's and 70's somehow turned out to be timeless that all you had to do was emulate their sound and you'd be ok. They ended up completely devoid of any original character.

Kind of like how Haim make me want to listen to music from 1986 rather than Haim themselves.

Obviously if it ticked some boxes for you then listen away but don't expect to be able to talk me into liking it.

I like plenty of modern pop music thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back