Kevin Myers is back on form (3 Viewers)

To be perfectly honest, I think most 'real' fans actually will manage to get along to games in Lansdowne anyway. The 'real' fans argument is bogus. Most 'real' fans are in clubs and get tickets this way, as it has always been.
I certainly won't have any trouble getting my football tickets.
Are these 'real' fans the extra ones who went to the Croker games cos they got them through their GAA clubs?

Certainly, your (Myers') argument doesn't stack up financially anyway. Paying the GAA, a competitor, upwards of a million euro for the use of their stadium on a regular basis is totally crazy if some up-front investment can get you your own home.

And finally, I have to own up to not giving a damn about rugby fans and seeing this as an unquestionably positive development for the FAI.

This is just not the case. Lots of clubs flog their allocation to corporates, so even if you are a member of an AIL club you won't automatically get a ticket. And the base of support has shifted away from AIL clubs to the provinces - who don't have an allocation to the internationals.

I can get a ticket for an italy game, a scotland one at a push. Wales, England, France - no fucking chance ever. And I guarantee you I'll have spent more money supporting Irish rugby than most of the people in the ground for those games.

Did you find it easier to get tickets for the England & France games at Croke Park?

Yeah much easier. I wasn't at the England on but was at the France game.

I reckon 80K is about the level for the prime 6N games. Whether it is worth developing a 80K stadium with the prospect of filling it a couple of times a year...

On the other hand if you get 68K for Argentina (in the same month as the AB's have already played in the country twice) you'd have to say the demand is probably there.

A 65K stadium would be about right.

But spending half a billion on 5K extra seats is lunacy in my mind.

But I don't think the most important factor was to make the stadium bigger. It was to make it better. You can't reduce it to a 5K gain in capacity. It will be a fantastic stadium, tailored to rugby and soccer in a way that Croker can never be.

But I don't think the most important factor was to make the stadium bigger. It was to make it better. You can't reduce it to a 5K gain in capacity. It will be a fantastic stadium, tailored to rugby and soccer in a way that Croker can never be.

This is true, but on the other hand it's costing half a billion and revenue has to be found to service that debt. That equates to outrageous ticket prices and increased corporatisation.

george has fallen my dear jane. It started with a budget special featuring the pair of them. Myers was rubbing his thighs in anticipation of social unrest(posibily due to the possibility of the creation of a whole new war and subsequent generation of plucky tommies he could fetishise) and george, chuffed that the smart boy in the class wanted to play with him was lapping it up and adding his own uninformed but strident opinions and predictions of disaster.

I blame the feminists, the gays, and the foreign immigrants.

Ugh. Somebody pass the abortions.

Yeah much easier. I wasn't at the England on but was at the France game.

I reckon 80K is about the level for the prime 6N games. Whether it is worth developing a 80K stadium with the prospect of filling it a couple of times a year...

On the other hand if you get 68K for Argentina (in the same month as the AB's have already played in the country twice) you'd have to say the demand is probably there.

A 65K stadium would be about right.

But spending half a billion on 5K extra seats is lunacy in my mind.

There not just building seats they're building a whole new swanky stadium. There was the rather large problem that the old Lansdowne was, by most standards, a crumbling shithole. Now, I happened to actually quite like it in many ways, but you can't deny it was by anyone elses standards, fairly rough.

I for one will be fucking delighted when he international games are back in Lansdowne from Croker. As deadly as stadium as it is, I've rarely enjoyed a game there. Possibly the England one but that was always tainted by the fact of what had gone on against France before... in fact, possibly all of them have been.

ahh bollox

ftm_food_fail.jpg

jaysis, kevin myers has a face like a cat's arse.

wordles would be great for thumped posters:
WILLIES cat LOL HAIRCUT huh? DISAGREE

There were two letters giving out about him comparing Ireland to Zimbabwe there in the paper yesterday, including one from someone who usually enjoys and agrees with his "banter". I like to see that, since he obviously wouldn't mind offending people who think he's a cunt in general.

He was in my friend's movie, which was screened on Friday and which everyone should see, but anyway, he was actually....I hate to say this....I really do...brilliant.

He plays himself, and the movie is a documentary-style film about a (fictional) forgotten 1930s scientist who invented a machine that can see through time.

It was funny to see him talking on a screen and me not wanting to throw anything. It was awkward feeling like I empathised with him or with the version of him that was in front of me.

How do I actually make a wordle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back