John Terry, a truly English Cunt (1 Viewer)

:eek:

I was at that match. 21 years old. It was scary shit. I was up in the North Terrace. In the corner of that terrace there was a sectioned off part that housed english fans. When the shit was happening over in the stand, those 'fans' got loose and ran amok. I remember trying to get out of the terrace and them all running by, and us having to leg it back. Then we tried to get out by going down onto the pitch. When we were there those english fans ran out on the field and started clocking lads from behind who were looking up at the stand.

We got out eventually, and I recall walking back up Haddington road and seeing garda van after garda van full of young cops gagging to crack some english skulls.

And Ireland would have won that game. No doubt.

As it was the result was Gardai - 1 English combat 18 fucks - cracked heads.

remember the fall-out from that then too? Having to get buses in to take them out of the ground. Having to charter a ferry to get them the fuck out of the country. I remember watching the big breakfast the next morning and it showing pictures of them getting off the boat at Hollyhead. If the gardai were intimidating that night you should have seen the scowls on the english cops that were waiting for them.

And anyone rememeber the game in late 1990? The Euro qualifiers just after Italia 90? I think Platt scored for England and Cascarino equalised late on. There were fucking riots in town that night too. On O'Connell street. I remember walking by Trinity college and 3 english fans started goading me. I fucking ran. I was 16.

Fucking brits are a shower of fucking cunts.

In a soccer context anyways.

Agreed, but let's all follow their teams and sing their songs and pretend we belong with them.

hear, hear.

Me, I'm a lifelong Millwall fan. Millwall to the core. Fucking tattoo and all on me bollix of a Millwall crest. Ever since Tony Cascarino was there. Love it. Fucking Love it.

But I hate the brits. Cunts.

:eek:

I was at that match. 21 years old. It was scary shit.

So was I, I was 13 I think (it was Feb 94 wasn't it?) I was in the uncovered east stand but my Dad had a ticket for the West Upper, right behind where the English fans had been placed. As soon as Kelly scored that goal and it began to kick off he whispered to his friend that they should get out of there and for God's sake don't let them hear their accents.

I was there too. Wasn't scared, becasue I'm really hard.
However, I was absolutely livid because we were giving them a lesson and would have won without a doubt.
That's the last friendly I can remember being a real contest, actually. For 25 minutes.

And then the next friendly they had (poland maybe) they (FAI) tried to make it up to the fans by giving everyone that went a free Jackie Charlton video.

But I wasn't at that game. So I didn't get it. But I'm sure I still have my ticket stub back at home somewhere. Its probably worth loads. Or not, maybe.

I know the kid that was crying on the pitch. He's a famous Irish musician now.

yea? the blondey kid? the face of innocence, contrasted with the loutishness of the brits, etc, etc.

who is it?

I remember he was on Zig and Zag the following week. And I remember he was asked 'would you go to a match again following that', rather than answering 'No, I'd be too scared', he answered, 'yes, I would'.

Yeah, he got loads of money sent over to him by English people too, £300 or something! I won't say who it is though, I already annoy him enough by mentioning Lansdowne Road every time we're in the same room.

I know the kid that was crying on the pitch. He's a famous Irish musician now.

riot.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fantastic telly. Can you imagine the BBC having this many opinions these days? Or not asking us to text in now or press the red button?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back