Jaysus cycling! (18 Viewers)

mad, since reading this thread, my attitude to cycling
has totally changed. for the worse/better? I don't think i like being so aware of the craziness that is city cycling. I'm just that little bit too jumpy of late.
Arra, it's not that bad. Don't be jumpy. It is not fear that grips you... only a heightened sense of things. And like, it's pretty cool.

mad, since reading this thread, my attitude to cycling
has totally changed. for the worse/better? I don't think i like being so aware of the craziness that is city cycling. I'm just that little bit too jumpy of late.

I was looking forward to my cycle home yesterday soooooo much, cause it was a gorgeous evening, but there were so many complete IDIOTS dpoing STUPID dangerous things on the road (in cars, on foot and on other bikes) I couldn't relax for a milisecond. Anyone else find that good weather sends people on the road a bit mad?

its the rush to get home and enjoy the sun. today i had to go cross
town in a car at rush hour, which i never do. Fuck that! Evil selfish
hornblowing bastards!

Bicycles fricken rule.

Anyone else find that good weather sends people on the road a bit mad?

I think it just brings a lot more people out on bikes, people who aren't so used to city cycling. That can cause them to do mad stuff.

It was a bit dull here this morning though which meant there were less bikes on the road. The good weather is due back later which means that the bikes will be back.

I think its a small price to pay to have a nice weather cycle. Just try and plan the route so you have space mostly. My route is like that. Bus lanes for about 90% of it, with the only real tight bit being down the canal, which is shit, but I grin and bear it.

This morning was lovely for cycling. A tiny bit humid, but otherwise just about as perfect as can be.

I think it just brings a lot more people out on bikes, people who aren't so used to city cycling. That can cause them to do mad stuff..

That doesn't explain the other two-thirds of dangerous idiocy practised by motorists and pedestrians (the former reversing into a crowded cycle lane, the latter stopping in the middle of the road to adjust i-Pod, etc)

32201_formatted_goto_id_250jo.jpg

i discovered this evening that the use of one's face is an effective but not recommended method of stopping your bike. six stitches, but my bike came off worse.

how much is a new frame? my origamied one is a terry dolan, bike cost about a grand in old money about six years ago.

i was pissed out of my face yesterday and was cycling and unsuprisingly i crashed into a parked car, thank goodness i got my brakes fixed i was able to stop and not slide over the car so i just fell in a sort of heap...............................................................................................................................
..............................................................................................
never drink and think you can cycle i just get suicdely brave with cars tcoh

i discovered this evening that the use of one's face is an effective but not recommended method of stopping your bike. six stitches, but my bike came off worse.

how much is a new frame? my origamied one is a terry dolan, bike cost about a grand in old money about six years ago.

check with the place you bought it to see what the term of your warranty is. It might only be 5 years, in which case you'll have to fork out. I got my frame replaced last february cos the bike shop spotted a crack in it when servicing it. Everything was covered by the warranty and I didn't have to pay a penny.

How much? Depends on the frame. I'd say typically a frame is about 60% of the overall cost of the bike.

would a warranty cover cycling into the back of a taxi at about 20mph?
i glanced down for about a second, looked back up, and (i'm assuming someone had hailed him) he had stopped, or was coming to a stop, and i was a few feet from him and just ploughed into him.

forks seem ok, front wheel is still as true as an arrow - don't see any other damage bar the frame and some scraping on the brake lever.

i reckon that without the helmet, i could have broken my nose.

i glanced down for about a second, looked back up, and (i'm assuming someone had hailed him) he had stopped, or was coming to a stop, and i was a few feet from him and just ploughed into him.

forks seem ok, front wheel is still as true as an arrow - don't see any other damage bar the frame and some scraping on the brake lever.

Wow poor magicbastarder! your poor bike! glad I've ordered a helmet now for the summer! Good luck in finding a nice new replacement!

yeah, pretty sure it would. Though phrase it slightly differently. Tell them you were knocked down by a taxi at speed.. Sounds way better that way.

sounds like the taxi's fault. did you try to get him to cough up?

btw, does anyone know the actual legal situation regarding taxis stopping to pick up punters? can they just pull in anywhere? or is there rules saying where is a safe part of the road to stop?

btw, does anyone know the actual legal situation regarding taxis stopping to pick up punters? can they just pull in anywhere? or is there rules saying where is a safe part of the road to stop?

There are rules, don't know what they are but.

Shit one on the bike MB.

i'd be interested to know this too - i've had a couple of brushes with death from taxis just suddenly stopping in front of me.

If you drive / ride into the back of someone I think its not their fault pretty much all of the time.

The Taxi could possibly also get cited for dangerous driving, but I think that doesn't change the fact that its still your fault.

If the driver pulled in on top of you then this is completely different, sometimes this line is a bit unclear, but squarely hitting the back of them, not so much.

legally, i doubt i'd have a leg to stand on. you can stop at any point you want, and it's up to the person behind to have left themselves adequate braking distance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back