Jaysus cycling! (16 Viewers)

As mentioned, I was out for the first time in eight months on the good bike yesterday. At the back of the airport, I was overtaken by a 40 foot artic, on a blind bend, into oncoming traffic. I shot my hand out as a warning to the artic driver - being further left in the road, I saw the oncoming car sooner. He didn't brake - he accelerated.

I was alluding to it on instgram, but last week some lad
follows me into the bus lane because he wanted it for a shortcut
tailgates me and blows the horn
I know the shortcut, it's about 150M all told
I slow down because i do that when i know someone behind me is thinking about killing me, i want the safety of slowness
guy cuts into the other lane (solid white line crossing) to pass me but ends up stuck straddling it, more horn blowing etc.
gets to end of shortcut, stops car mid junction leaving daughter in passenger seat to run towards me shouting at me
there were people around all over so I just kept saying 'road rage' louder and louder as he got closer till everyone was looking at him and that and me being a fair bit bigger than him slowed him down.
retreats to his car.
this guy was on a school run like.

30k is basically 20 miles
I speak both

No 20 Miles is basically 30km.

The imperial system was so chaotic and involved so many slightly different inches across the globe that it was standardised to a metric value, it had no defined intrinsic value that could be relied upon, so although the word mile predates kilometres, the esablished value of metric measurements is the entire basis for the current imperial system.

No 20 Miles is basically 30km.

The imperial system was so chaotic and involved so many slightly different inches across the globe that it was standardised to a metric value, it had no defined intrinsic value that could be relied upon, so although the word mile predates kilometres, the esablished value of metric measurements is the entire basis for the current imperial system.

I'm just used to what I grew up with. I'm old.
MPG makes sense to me. Like MPH does. I have to convert for the other.
Same with lbs.
I'd be happy to lose this imperial Imperial system given its history, but it's took/taken/tooken

Godo going on the bike either way. Fair play.

You know rain is only water, right?
:-D

Surely all you bicycle nuts know about imperial because of legacy standards?

What diameter are your tires like?

The legacy stds are still based on metric values all told, it's just placating the brits that it's written in stupid.

Anywhoo It wasn't me who started the unit conversion conversation here - but it seems the inch sizes are bullshit in any case

The legacy stds are still based on metric values all told, it's just placating the brits that it's written in stupid.

Anywhoo It wasn't me who started the unit conversion conversation here - but it seems the inch sizes are bullshit in any case

I'm quiet aware of that, but would you not say "twenty two inch wheel" or whatever as shorthand.

No one has ever asked me to get a length of 45mm x 19mm timber like.

I'm quiet aware of that, but would you not say "twenty two inch wheel" or whatever as shorthand.

No one has ever asked me to get a length of 45mm x 19mm timber like.
Ah even my ol' fella made the switch for lumber and glass and stuff
Glass thicknesses may have been in mm long before because they can dice up the mm so finely
"4 mil clear" etc
Most of the conversations I hear in Dublin Builders Providers are in mils and metres
But that's anecdotal

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back