Jaysus cycling! (9 Viewers)

ah, sure i mashed my head off the ground when i was a kid, never did me any harm.
i pulled a wheelie on my raleigh strika and the front wheel stayed on the ground.
I'm not sure I've ever had my head on the ground in any crash. I've probably had less than a hundred crashes on motorbikes, but close. And over a hundred on push bikes, not sure because there were so many small offs here and there or stupid stuff off road and all that.

Pretty much everything else, broken ribs, fingers, even wrecked an ankle on one.

I guess it's dumb luck. Getting knocked out is very scary though. I almost put a chainset into some bloke's face who crashed directly in front of me.

On second thoughts... nope, actually I did get knocked out. I crashed a bike and it flew off into the air, and as I was sliding down the road I looked to see where it landed, and the center of the stem snotted me in the center of my forehead and I woke up in a pile of blood on Straffan Road.

Forgot about that one. Heh. But that was a bike hitting me, not me hitting the ground with my head. Doesn't count!

This is excellent. 8 normal blokes ride the course of the TdF for a mental health charity. Not a short watch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is excellent. 8 normal blokes ride the course of the TdF for a mental health charity. Not a short watch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Just had a peak of this: "The next days will get easier and easier as we learn... "

lol. Sure they will. That's what everyone says about the Tour. "First day is a bitch, but once you get over that it's grand."

yeah, they have a splash screen for each stage and when you see it when they hit the hills, you just kinda curl up. e.g. '203km, 5000m elevation'. and they've already been at it for 11 days.
i think the most i've ever done in one day is 1500m. and that wasn't easy, and i certainly didn't have to go out again the next day.

are you buying it via the cycle to work scheme?
i've never used a bike like that, not sure how comfortable it'd be over 20km.

it's possible your local bike shop may not want to service it; i know my LBS won't touch the fiido bikes except to repair punctures (he reckons they're junk, but they're half the price of the rad bike you mention).

Ugh, sorry for replying so late, I didn’t get a notification! I’m not sure about Cycle to Work, my company does offer it but I’m also WFH so I wouldn’t be using it for commuting, but I can always ask for the details.

I don’t mind lugging it to Dublin for servicing, I was just wondering what the lay of the land is for these kinds of bikes. I do have to add here, the perception I have of bike shops being dickheads about anyone riding the kind of bike that they don’t agree with is not great. Do car mechanics think the same if someone drives in with a Skoda instead of a Porsche?

Ugh, sorry for replying so late, I didn’t get a notification! I’m not sure about Cycle to Work, my company does offer it but I’m also WFH so I wouldn’t be using it for commuting, but I can always ask for the details.

I don’t mind lugging it to Dublin for servicing, I was just wondering what the lay of the land is for these kinds of bikes. I do have to add here, the perception I have of bike shops being dickheads about anyone riding the kind of bike that they don’t agree with is not great. Do car mechanics think the same if someone drives in with a Skoda instead of a Porsche?
My bird rented an e bike to see what the craic was.its like 120 a month for 3 months. Big behemoth of a thing. Don't know if she'll stick with it

some bike shops are better than others, but it may simply be down to an issue of getting parts if you bring it to a bike shop and there's something wrong with the motor, which might not use off the shelf parts. they may not want the hassle of getting involved; rad power are not an unknown brand though, so i suspect parts might be easier to get online.

Is a 51 V02 max a good rating?
About average I think? Maybe on the good end of average. Normally they give you charts when they measure you.
V02 max is funny. Like you can clearly see the lads who measured sixty plus were classy AF. Even lads measuring under 60 seemed extremely strong.
Freaks like Greg Lemond had something in the high 80s? But then there's people like Sean Kelly or Mark Cavendish who had weirdly low V02 maxes (considering the amount of races they won).

Ah balls

The app said I was "superior"

This chart I have since googled says I'm good though?

View attachment 16303
ah, I mean... ok, heh, I'm going from memory here, I did this stuff between the ages of say 16-24?. The camp where they went through the numbers I was probably 20? Looks like the numbers skew as you age, so maybe? No idea. I thought there were lads that was riding Ras's hitting 62 / 61. There were a few in the 50s, all of whom seemed classy riders to my eyes.

one of the worst places i know for illegal parking (parking in a bus lane during its hours of operation) is right outside the local garda station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back