Jaysus cycling! (5 Viewers)

e-bikes are already speed limited, and that's not changing.
i was listening to a podcast recently about the sinclair C5 and it seems that helped set the standards still in place for e-bikes.

it's kinda funny, the usual 'small government/remove regulation/let me live my life without oversight' crowd have a surprisingly large intersection with the 'operating a 10kg machine must be subject to far more control' crowd.
My bleak outlook is that they will win, they'll fool all those who believe these debates are held honestly with "just the facts" leading to the best solution for all, by making it all about the safety of children and how these taxes will improve cycle lanes for everyone, and the gullible columnist class will fall for it hook, line, and sinker.

whatever about the other bits, enforcing speed limits for bikes would be fun, considering they're not legally required to have speedometers. and it's not easy for an inexperienced cyclist to hold 20mph/30kmh, unless they're going downhill, anyway.

main use for it is for my wife to be able to spin to the shops on it; her e-bike would be a big and expensive target for theft. this one cost €200 on adverts, so less pain if nicked.

it's actually 4:3 at the moment, will drop to 4:2 if we sell her hybrid.

got the folding bike for €200 on adverts; it's in good nick, just needs a clean and lube. and the brakes swapped around. they seem to have sold online for €380.

it's actually 4:3 at the moment, will drop to 4:2 if we sell her hybrid.

got the folding bike for €200 on adverts; it's in good nick, just needs a clean and lube. and the brakes swapped around. they seem to have sold online for €380.
surprised they're that cheap. I would have expected all folding bikes to be north of a grand. I have to see what my job situation will be after the summer before deciding if I need one or not.

class, what was the damage? I need to get me something like that.
this is the model; one thing i will say is that it's not compact when folded. small enough that you would be able to get it onto a bus, say, but a bit awkward to carry without a bag, which we'll look for. i suspect aimed more at people short on storage space than who are concerned about portability. the wheels obviously are a large factor in how small they fold.

Amazon product ASIN B00X7L8IAI

whatever about the other bits, enforcing speed limits for bikes would be fun, considering they're not legally required to have speedometers. and it's not easy for an inexperienced cyclist to hold 20mph/30kmh, unless they're going downhill, anyway.

I’ve only ever gone that fast when freewheeling down that hill next to the Magazine Fort. It’s not my bag, if I’m honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back