Janer banned (1 Viewer)

oh my god, i can't believe i was banned again. zingaroo.
wake up people! ding a fucking ling.
so yeah... i have it on good experience and advice, mostly experience, that not one of the girls who post here could ever come close to doing that with a banana. but yeah loike it's fine to discuss a guy's genitals... well by 'fine' i mean the usual internet authority figures keep quiet about it.... probably because they're really curious to find out what it's like to kiss a boy for the first time.... you bunch of crazy maligned hippy chics. do us all a favour and cook me some chili - at least that would be something worthy getting in a hot sweat about!!! yeah!!! hi-5!!!!

personally I wasn't protecting any women, I was offended and creeped out... sexism isn't a womans problem, just as you don't have to be black to find racism wrong...

Yeah, basically, it was just a disgusting post. And Pantone's point is important, it's not like Janer hasn't done it before. It's clear from his posting history that he doesn't have particularly modern views on women, and nobody's posts here are taken in total isolation, but in the context of their Thumped history. Even though I don't really like the whole 'ironic' sexism thing either, when someone is already a total misogynist (cue JANER trying to respond by pointing out that he can't possibly hate women because he has a ladyfriend), it's not ever 'ironic'.

It is indeed, too, up to Pete what gives him the least hassle. Thumped is the freest of the internet message boards around these parts, too, so I don't think it's out of line to do a temporary banning of someone who frequently says and does stuff that's disgusting to lots of people, and means it.

I don't know if his age is an issue, yeah, but there's a difference between someone who makes it clear he's playing at being a sleaze, and someone (namely Janer) who is genuinely a dirty old man.

That was offensive. It was ugly. I'm glad it's been marked with him because he persistently tries to degrade, insult and sexualise women on the board. He's one of my favourite internet people of all time, but I don't like that aspect of his personality.

I'm probably echoing what someone else said already, but defending it with 'if you don't like it don't read it' or 'it's only the internet' is lazy and presumptuous. It doesn't look at the fact that sexism/classism/racism/ homophobia are very real experiences and important issues for people who post here. If putting it down to internet fun is ok for you, so be it, but let other people air their objections without being ridiculed.

could someone post up (in words) what janer actually posted. i'm hearing bananas and then automatically thinking of Gwen Stefani. was he degrading gwen?

"I did a search on JANER and women to pull up with I did, beleive me there were pleanty of other comments an remarks that didn't exaclty reflect him as enlightened indiviual."

AAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAMAZING!!!!! :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back