Italo Disco Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

italo rules.
there are 2 savage compilations out on moustache records at the moment - you can trust a man with a moustache vols 1 & 2
...complete with pics of tom selleck on the label.

Moustache is a great label. its not Selleck though. though that myself.

we've just released an EP with Mark du Mosch & David Vunk from Moustache which you might be into, if you like the stuff on Moustache...

Moustache is a great label. its not Selleck though. though that myself.

we've just released an EP with Mark du Mosch & David Vunk from Moustache which you might be into, if you like the stuff on Moustache...

madness, its the head off him!
will check out yr new ep soon, some of the mark du mosch stuff is the biz. i picked up the first ep ye put out which i rather liked. your man sneak thief was a crazy bastard live as well! some laugh.

Kenny Hanlon did a good interview with David Vunk on the ISM blog, followed up with a great mix...

http://cornwarning.com/tomcox/DAVID_VUNK_-_Bad_Italo_Boys_&_Bad_Italo_Girls_Mix.mp3

l_572c2ba647c247eea3d9725812adc964.jpg

sry if posted already

I've come to the conclusion that Italo is the best kind of music there is.
Aeroplane have a savage mix over at Beats in Space. I've been getting ahold of the individual tracks over the last couple of days. Some faves:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Tobago song REALLY needs the vocals, they're so good.

I've come to the conclusion that Italo is the best kind of music there is.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CinnamonBoy again.

must check out that beats in space podcast. they actually look pretty good in general, im subscribed to it on itunes but never listen to them usually.
picked up visions by this dude yesterday. cheese-tastic

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIknXQEGo_Y"]YouTube - Stephen Falken - Shadow Of The Wind ( Original Mix)[/ame]

The Beats in Space show is great alright. Fairly recent discovery for me but been some great
guest mixes over the last while, House of House and The Revenge ones in particular.

The guy who does it is doing a 10th anniversary set in London next Friday, so gonna check
that out after the Gas show I reckon.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?115472

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CinnamonBoy again.

must check out that beats in space podcast. they actually look pretty good in general, im subscribed to it on itunes but never listen to them usually.
picked up visions by this dude yesterday. cheese-tastic

YouTube - Stephen Falken - Shadow Of The Wind ( Original Mix)

Are there any Italo nights in Dublin? I actually just want to talk about various songs with randomers. Is that wrong? I hope not.......

The Beats in Space show is great alright. Fairly recent discovery for me but been some great
guest mixes over the last while, House of House and The Revenge ones in particular.

The guy who does it is doing a 10th anniversary set in London next Friday, so gonna check
that out after the Gas show I reckon.

http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?115472

class. gonna grab those now.

CinnamonBoy said:
Are there any Italo nights in Dublin? I actually just want to talk about various songs with randomers. Is that wrong? I hope not.......

lunar disko, one saturday a month in the underground/kennedys. only been a handful of time, well worth checking out.
theres a thing called diskotekken in the twisted pepper too, i dont think it might be more disco than italo but not sure. never been but i remember thinking itd be the kind of thing id check out if i still lived in dublin

lunar disko, one saturday a month in the underground/kennedys. only been a handful of time, well worth checking out.

we'll be leaving Kennedy's after our DEAF gig on the 22nd. Not italo this time - DJ Jus-Ed, great new house stuff, but you can still come and talk italo to randomers, Cinnamonboy :)

oh, and were playin the Bernard Shaw on Sunday. there'll be a few italos thrown in there throughout the night I'm sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back