Italo Disco Appreciation Thread (2 Viewers)

this is an all time fav

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

used to have a few rips of the tapes they gave out back in the day at the Cosmic club. Lost them in the hard drive crash of 08. They where live mixes of Baldelli et all from the club that night and sold then to the kids who couldn't get in or couldn't afford too, and that still hung out in the carpark dropped something and played them in the car stereo. must track them down and post them up

nice interview with Baldelli here

does Egyptian Lover count? Love the Italo...

In work now, so can't pull stuff out, but loads of Dj sets from Chicago in the 80's are great for the Italo. Ron Hardy and Hot Mix 5 in particular.

Actually, you all should check out Ron Hardy's mixes anyway. Legend.

aye know Ron Hardy well and he is indeed a legend. haven't heard many mixes now mind, will be sure to check it out.
not really Italo related but pulled out the Mr Fingers Amnesia LP there last week, forgot how good it was...

aye know Ron Hardy well and he is indeed a legend. haven't heard many mixes now mind, will be sure to check it out.
not really Italo related but pulled out the Mr Fingers Amnesia LP there last week, forgot how good it was...
Yeah, we're veering off topic here, but Mr Fingers is a hero. To my mind, he's the only producer from day one in Chicago or Detroit who's still on top of his game.

Hardy's mixes are all deadly. You'll hear re-worked versions of loads of Italo.

The Hot Mix 5 mixes from WBMX always seem to have the likes of KLein & MBO and stuff like that on them. Investigate.

just listening on youtube.
dont have a lot of his stuff. missing you is one of my fave songs ever. total kill yourself deep house, daycint.

as for italo - mr pauli vs alden tyrell's little. another one to emerge from the bottom of my wardrobe, but it sounds muffled, grr. no joy on youtube, but worth checking out

not very italo ish, but i fucking love this. one of my faves of last year. wait for the sample at the end :)

aye yes veering off topic allright...but speaking of mixes...it might of been mentioned already but i-F's mixed up in the Hague is an all time favourate, played it to death when i got it, loads of Italo goodness with i-F's amazing touch

a quick search on Discogs brings up the tracklisting

http://www.discogs.com/release/17779

actually the Jonzun Crew - Space is the Place was a long long time want of mine till i found an OG 12 for 2 euro a few monthsback. moments like that keep me looking in the bottom bins

Looking forward to getting home from work and checking this stuff out.

Might have mentioned this earlier, but I-F's two Mixed Up in the Hague mixes are absolutely brilliant.

Saw him a few years back and he was deadly.

This sneaks in by virtue of the fact that it's produced by Kano. Oh and the fact that it's brilliant.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaxrkEc2eQ0&feature=related"]YouTube - Jimmy Ross - First True Love Affair (Larry Levan Mix)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN0hlI3zizM"]YouTube - Dennis Parker - Like An Eagle[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M42x3TWJz2o&feature=PlayList&p=AEDF62865A964EDB&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=72"]YouTube - Disco Video 12 Inch Extended Edit - GANYMED - It Takes Me Higher ~ STEREO VIDEO RE-EDIT[/ame]

Got it in the post today, hell yeah.
ryan+paris+-+dolce+vita.jpeg

While Im at it diamond vampires made a sweet italo mix

Tracklist:

Sylvester, then>
Glass Candy - I Always Say Yes
Cerrone - Supernature

Baby Ford - Disconoddy
Kelly Marie - New York at Night
Amanda Lear - Follow Me

Lillica Libertine - Acid House
Giorgio Moroder - The Chase
Tamiko Jones - Can't Live Without Your Love

download it here
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=123619212&blogID=411011047

Dancadance - "on and on (dub)" is defo my favourite italo song Ive heard anyway.

also Diana Est always goes down well

ok, technically not italo... but it does have an italo vibe and i cant get it out of my head

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back