Ireland vs. France (1 Viewer)

yes and no.genuinely dont like the fai,as for the premier league-i dont pay it too much heed,not because i think im morally superior supporting an irish team but because im an incurable romantic when it comes to football and would rather watch football at a lower level where it seems more accessible to the average man.so in the irish off season id try watch some blue square football or head up north for some games :)

Fair enuff. I don't think supporting a LOI club and supporting Ireland are mutually exclusive, but I know some LOI supporters who do.

Anyways what's worse is nordies supporting the Republic.

Anyways what's worse is nordies supporting the Republic.

Ah it's not. I'd definitely support Ireland if I was a nordie of Catholic stock. The atmosphere around the Northern Ireland team is not very inclusive even now. To put it mildly.
And sure don't they have Darron Gibson and, eh, Alan Kernaghan as examples.

Says Richard Dunne:

“They’ve got loads of attacking options. It would be foolish if we didn’t expect them to have a lot of the ball, probably in both games.

“As much as we want to try and dominate them they’re probably the more comfortable team on the ball so we know we’re going to spend long periods defending, having to concentrate and work hard. But they’re the things everyone in our squad is willing to do, willing to work hard for each other and for the whole cause.

Looks like we're going for 0-0. Exciting.

Ah it's not. I'd definitely support Ireland if I was a nordie of Catholic stock. The atmosphere around the Northern Ireland team is not very inclusive even now. To put it mildly.
And sure don't they have Darron Gibson and, eh, Alan Kernaghan as examples.

Yeah, I'm fully aware of their predicament, but I'm of the belief, "well, that's though luck". I'm heartless I guess.

0-0 would be an excellent result. In spite of the emphasis on defence under Trapattoni we've rarely had a clean sheet. If we avoid conceding in the first leg I'd push our chances of an upset up from around 30% to 50%.

Fuck da rugger. Smug pricks. This is the world stage. not home nations+ sf, all blacks, aussies.

62 million vs 4 million. We have no right to be beating the French but it is possible.

I am sick of cunts answering the question "You going on Saturday?" with "No, going Sunday instead" and then smiling. Instead???

Stick it up your anglophile shitebox.

Thanks for letting me share.

I expect us musical Thumped indie-nerds to be putting harmonies and "oohs" on the various songs which will be belted out.

We are the Boys in Green
The best you've ever seen
We've just made history
We're off to Germany

would sound deadly with 3-part harmonies, a plucky bass and some tom-y Hal Blaine drums.

Can collect my ticket from 4pm so that to me sounds like a nice time to go to the pub at. CAN'T BLOODY WAIT.

The last 2 times we beat France in Dublin - '77 and '81:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back