we should beat them for this:
images

and this:
images

though perhaps not for this:
images

but definitely this:
images

The closer this game gets the more intimidating their probable team sheet looks (and with Ronaldo out for Portugal, the more it looks like we got the worst draw of the bunch).. I really think, given the level of the Ireland team at the moment, if we were to come out on top over two legs it'd rank up there with the best achievements of any Irish side down the years. Has Trap got anything else up his sleeve or are we really going to be looking at Whelan, Andrews, Lawrence etc sitting deep, trying to soak up pressure and hoof it away for the whole match? Saturday evening is going to be an hour and a half of torture.. Avoiding defeat would be great, somehow preventing them from scoring would be fantastic, a win seems too much to hope for. I'll be very happy if we're still in with a realistic chance come Paris. COME ON IRELAND.

2cenhns.jpg

We need to see scenes of this nature again as a result of the Irish team boring the opposition into errors and punching far, far above our weight.

Come on you boys in GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Is this gonna be on RTE???? Actually, what the fuck does it matter, we'll all be in the pub anyway. I'm saying 1-1 in the first leg.

I've got constant low-level nervousness this week. Roll on Saturday, let's get this out of the way.
I don't have a clue how it will go. I just hope we can play above ourselves a couple of times and hopefully get a few breaks.

I dreamt we won 3-2 in the first leg. but the last football dream i had was Tim Cahill scoring a last minute winner against Chelsea in the FA cup. even a stopped watch is right twice a day though maybe I'll dream about a stopped watch tonight.

More analysis from Kerr:
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/1112/1224258659863.html

He's not convinced that the French have been as shakey lately as people have sometimes made them out to be.

Interestingly Domenech seems to also always use the two deep-lying 'defensive' central midfielder players technique that Trap is so fond of (normally Toulalan and Lassana Diarra) except it's countered by the fact that they let their full backs push forward all the time to give them 6 attacking players.

More analysis from Kerr:
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2009/1112/1224258659863.html

He's not convinced that the French have been as shakey lately as people have sometimes made them out to be.

Interestingly Domenech seems to also always use the two deep-lying 'defensive' central midfielder players technique that Trap is so fond of (normally Toulalan and Lassana Diarra) except it's countered by the fact that they let their full backs push forward all the time to give them 6 attacking players.

Good piece.

It would surprise no more on Saturday if Ireland win 2-0 than if France hammer us 5-0. The sheer unpredicability of our biggest game in years is what's making me so nervous. I cant fucking wait for this.

Yeah, the fact is, no matter what Kerr says, France have been fucking shit recently. Every time they are missing Ribery, they are usually boring, uncreative, and crap. That's what has them having to play a play-off game at all instead of qualifying automatically.
We can definitely do them if the organisation of our team holds up, especially considering how badly organised Domenech is as a coach in general.
IRLAND, DOUZE POINTS!

Yeah, the fact is, no matter what Kerr says, France have been fucking shit recently. Every time they are missing Ribery, they are usually boring, uncreative, and crap. That's what has them having to play a play-off game at all instead of qualifying automatically.
We can definitely do them if the organisation of our team holds up, especially considering how badly organised Domenech is as a coach in general.
IRLAND, DOUZE POINTS!

And I suppose you've watched France's qualifiers as closely as Kerr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back