Ireland vs Dolph Lundgren (1 Viewer)

Wow, McClean to start. Didn't see that coming. Otherwise as expected.
Strongest back four in years and years.
Let's do this thing!

Glen Whelan racking up a 50th cap is grim, I'd rather even have Green in there instead at this stage, but besides that I'm pretty happy with that lineup. Hopefully Dunne's year out had a magical effect on his pace because O'Shea looked like he was dragging himself through treacle in that last Sunderland match. A bit surprised that McClean's got the start but he did well in the last few Ireland games. Pilkington, Brady and Hoolahan are good options to have on the bench, as long as it's them that make it onto the pitch and not Sammon and Cox.

I have no idea why you're all so positive about Dunne starting. He hasn't played in a year. It's a huge gamble.

Keane has to drop deep, Whelan (the crab) will only play the ball sidewards

Walters and Coleman have to get an understanding going very early on if we're going to manage this.

Dunne's had a full preseason and I think 4 games in the Championship so far. Not totally reassuring but the next best option Ciaran Clark's dropped his share of clangers so hopefully Dunne's leadership will compensate for whatever fitness he's lacking.

We basically nullified each other in Stockholm and it came down to a few half chances for each side (with the Swedes getting the better of the half chances), I think it'll be the same type of game tomorrow and whether we have a hope will come down to how mercurial Ibra is feeling.

Picked up a premium level ticket for this. I've never been to the premium level in Lansdowne and am intrigued to how it compares to my usual spots in the "Ard-Comhairle" sections of Croke Park and Thurles. What can I expect, does anyone know?

(In other words: is there a bar, unlike the rest of the stadium? I think I may need a stiff drink at half-time)

O'Shea? We'd be better off with a sack of wet concrete. We may be fucked if Gunner Gren fancies it.

O'Shea? We'd be better off with a sack of wet concrete. We may be fucked if Gunner Gren fancies it.

O'Shea and Dunne together usually leads to great things. As much as I love Sledge, I always felt they were our best CB partnership. Twas the lack of a right back that stymied it. Now we have one of the best in the world at RB. We're gonna win!!!!!!!!!!!

O'Shea and Dunne together usually leads to great things. As much as I love Sledge, I always felt they were our best CB partnership. Twas the lack of a right back that stymied it. Now we have one of the best in the world at RB. We're gonna win!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I can't argue with any of that.

COME ON ETC.

On this day 2 years ago Richard Dunne drew with Russia all by himself, I'll hear no bad words said about him until 8:05 pm tonight at the earliest.
And he got booked for yossing the ground too hard. Full on Ledge, loike.

Primitive. It's the only word.

And it nearly fucking worked that's how bad they were.

Worst performance so far. They were shit, we were less than shit. fuack anything you all say about , " Oh well we nearly" that was fucking awful. Trap has to go, and we need to accept that if we lose, we lose like men not like this fucking monkeys throwing shit performance.

Fuck this I'm pissed and I'm tired, I've had enough. You cunts can fuck your selves. Dire dire dire dire dire dire dre dire dire dirw dirwubnuwhgwef diweifejewf nadijaeiw die die die die die die die die die die die doie die die die die die wide

Cunts cunts.

Fuck you Trap you have literally broken me.

I have an AWFUL hangover. The view from the premium level is fucking superb. Unfortunately that allowed me to see just exactly how shit we were. Absolutely desperate stuff.

I think I'm more disappointed by last night then I was about Germany, I suspected we were always in for a shellacking against Germany but last night after seeing how horrid Sweden were in the first match I expected them to be horrid again last night, and they were. And they fucking won. Steve Bruce last night, if he were watching, would surely have thought he dodged a £5 million bullet, Long was atrocious. and for all the reasonable opinions that support playing, as Motty calls him, Who Lee Haan, last night demonstrates why Trap feels wedded to having Robbie in the team.

Trap is done, obviously, in truth he's been done since the Euros and this has been a long slow death. The only thing to save him would be to get out of this group, which with one outstanding team we were never getting anything from and 2 sides who are at least notionally our level when for years we've had difficulty beating teams.

But my reservations about sacking him mid-qualifying have always been that there's pretty much another game coming up quickly, and that means that sacking him forces a rush into finding the next guy. If he goes after Austria we have to play Germany a month later and the FAI would want the new boss in by then. Last game is October 15th. On the 16th let him go and they can take their time to identify and recruit the right guy, who could be in club management and it could take a while to get him.

Pipedream candidate: Fergie decides he misses it too much.

Possibly gettable people in descending order:

Hughton
McCarthy
Steve Clarke
Lambert

My mum
A single celled organism
Tony Pulis
Trap
Roy Keane

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back