Ireland v Armenia (1 Viewer)

Nice synopsis of Gibson's pickle in the Guardian:

The Italian has said that Gibson lacks the bite of a player at a more humble club as he is used to United strutting to victory. Poor Gibson. Not talented enough to play for his club; too talented to play for his country.

7-0. all 7 by mcgeady.

I'll take it. Don't think I won't take it. if you'd said 7-0 5 by McGeady 2 by McShane I'd have been on the floor in floods of laghter and anger tears.

Nice synopsis of Gibson's pickle in the Guardian:

The Italian has said that Gibson lacks the bite of a player at a more humble club as he is used to United strutting to victory. Poor Gibson. Not talented enough to play for his club; too talented to play for his country.

He's not wrong though. Gibson always seems a little disinterested to me.

I think starting with McGeady is fair, and then giving Fahey the second half if we are at least one up. Keep him till 60 mins if we are still at 0-0 (please god no)

Slovakia are leading 1-0 at half time in Moscow.. I'm not sure whether that'd be a good result for us or not, we want Russia to drop points of course but it'd give Slovakia a great head start in the group.

Just watched about five - ten minutes of this online before the lag got to me. Fairly end to end stuff Arshavin missed a really good chance. We will have to be really compact to get anything away. They both move the ball well and have full backs bombing down the line, both good on the break too. Well that was the few minutes I saw anyway.

Slovakia held on to win it, puts them well in pole position in the group now. Puts a lot of pressure on us to win at least one of the games next month to stay in the race. Russia will presumably have to go all out for the victory in Lansdowne.

arse, a draw would have been perfect there. mind you, russia could be shite. even if they were, we'd never believe it, would we. we can't being ourselves to believe andorra are shite.

Ronnie Whelans squeeky chair is wrecking my head. Good start. I'm starting my McGeady rant in now. He looks good skipping by people but it's all about final product he's managed 2 crosses; one a ballooned effort to the far post which was awful and one hopeful drill along the ground towards Keane who had 5 players around him.

Every time Lawerence gets it in the same position I'm expecting the ball in to be quality . I don't expect him to skip around players but he knows where to put it and he can put it there.

Doyles finish was quality. St Ledger having a McShane. O Shea and Lawerence look good down the right.

Agh the creaky RTE chairs.. We've lost our tempo, could do with another goal or two in case goal difference comes into it at the end. Scotland are losing 1-0 at home to Lichtenstein...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back