Ireland v Armenia (1 Viewer)

Good result and we should win on Wednsday too meaning 6 from 6 and that's what any of us would have taken !!

On a related note, Kevin Doyle is getting way too much praise after these games, he's turning more and more into a Heskey type player then the next scoring sensation that we desperately need.

decent performance in a difficult and weird place to get a result. you're right, andorra should be a win (if it isn't, we can fuck off). 6 points, excellent. slovakia held to a draw too??

decent performance in a difficult and weird place to get a result. you're right, andorra should be a win (if it isn't, we can fuck off). 6 points, excellent. slovakia held to a draw too??

Slovakia scored in injury time, the jammy gits. I watched a fair bit of it, they were all over Macedonia for most of the game in fairness and deserved to win but Macedonia had quite a few dangerous counter attacks and could well have stolen it.

Did anybody catch John O Shea being clearly picked up on the mic roaring 'Give me the ball, you little prick!' at the ballboy as he ran to take a quick throw in at some point in the second half? Funny shit..

ps. Cyprus drew 4-4 in Portugal, madness. Great result for the Nordies tonight in Slovenia also.

Did anybody catch John O Shea being clearly picked up on the mic roaring 'Give me the ball, you little prick!' at the ballboy as he ran to take a quick throw in at some point in the second half? Funny shit..

ps. Cyprus drew 4-4 in Portugal, madness. Great result for the Nordies tonight in Slovenia also.
Yeah top notch his accent is gas. Cyprus makes me shudder. Tough cunts altogether.

On a related note, Kevin Doyle is getting way too much praise after these games, he's turning more and more into a Heskey type player then the next scoring sensation that we desperately need.

Ah c'mon wil ya? Robbie Keane is no shitebag either. In fairness they had more service in the first half than they've had at club and international level in a whole season. Doyle was excellent, held the ball up well and brought others into the game throughout (though support from midfield is still too slow if Lawerence had pace, if fucking only) both of them did all the right things but are just rusty in front of goal, anyone would be if they played for Wolves or sat on a fucking bench all year. If we had one in form striker (in form doesn't even mean all that good Kevin Campbell banged in shitloads for us one year) my 4-3-1-2 formation would be a killer.

P.S once again McGeady showed his ability to run into cul de sacs and produce some of the worst crosses in football. I feel totaly justified in my one winger and two central midfielders formation. Fahey did well enough when he came on too.

Duff out for the next one and

worse news McShane has rejoined the squad.

Andorra does no' get its own thread then. We really should win, but I'd say it'll be two-nil, three at most. Robbie is a fucking brilliant player when wearing green, thank fuck we have him and Doyle works his tits off for Keane especially, but also the team.

I think what's gonna happen tonight is a blitzkrieg with balls from all angles dropping on the D and Kevster knocking them down for anyone with a green shirt. In fairness, if we can get an early goal and settle the nerves we could see 4 or 5 go in. Not scoring in the first half hour could mean a fairly tense affair. No doubt the boys will still do it in the end.

tense? fuck that, these lads are pretty bad. we have to believe we can hammer them. they're never going to pose a threat so there's no point sitting on a 5-0 lead. i want 10. i've earned the right to want 10.

I'll say 3-0 to Ireland (goals from Keane, Doyle and Gibson off the bench), with the first goal taking ages to arrive and making everybody anxious. Remember they scored first in Lansdowne back in 2001?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back