Ireland v Armenia (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
Fucking Duffer is out now, to add to Andrews (no massive loss as Green should do just as well there I hope), McShane (yes) and Treacy.

Please lord don't let this be yet another 'why do I put myself through this?' 90 minutes of torture.

Duff is a big loss, obvs.

Now hope Aido can use his vast bank of Soviet-block swealtering summer experience to subdue the Armenians.

This is away right? Bets its one of them commentary over a short-wave radio jobs like when we used to play Albania in the 1990s. Armenia is not in Europe, but sure, the more the merrier.

It's away and kick off time is 4p.m on friday. which is pub then oblivion time for me. McShane out for the forseeable future ? Please god.

It may not be as easy as we think apparently their not that bad at home. Spain crept by them 2-1 and Belgium lost by the same score.

Seamus Coleman was excellent against Huddersfield and for 20 min against Villa. Whelan made a difference when he came on against Chelsea. Dunne is probably absolutely wrecked after holding us at bay non stop for 80 minutes (the cunt) Anyone else see any Irish lads at the weekend?

3 points even if it's a scrappy 1-0 I'll be happy.

With Duff and Andrews out I suppose we're looking at something like:
Code:
              Given
O'Shea Dunne St Ledger Kilbane
Lawrence Whelan Green McGeady
          Keane Doyle

Assuming Lawrence and McGeady are okay to play that is.. We're at a weak point at the moment, with Given, Keane and Lawrence being out of favor at their clubs and no competitive game time yet this season and McGeady just being back from injury (and Doyle still not 100% fit).. Armenia are improving recently and this is exactly the kind of game that has fucked us up in the past, would be delighted with a nail-biting single goal victory (would be even more delighted with a comfortable 2-0 win, but let's not ask for miracles). James McCarthy and Stephen Ward should really at least be in the squad, based on the first couple of rounds of Premier League games.

Dunne and O Shea in the center. Like I've pitched before O Shea (who I now admire a lot) has to make this position his own. He's a good center half let him prove it Trap. McGeady has done nothng to warrent inclusion. Maybe it's time to try something different when Keane came on for spurs against young boys he dropped in to a much deeper position and proved just how good at passing a ball he is and since McGeady won't track runs anyway we could try a 4-3-1-2 with Keane behind Doyle and Long since he's the only other striker in the squad.

It's worth a try and with McGeady in a squad you gain nothing defensively and very very little going forward since he can't shoot or cross.

We could try that, but realistically do you think Trap is going to?.. It's 4-4-2 and two banks of four all the way from here to Poland\Ukraine.. If it's a Dunne\O'Shea combo in the middle, who would you bring in on the right, Stephen Kelly presumably?

we could try a 4-3-1-2 with Keane behind Doyle and Long since he's the only other striker in the squad.
??!! So you're proposing an Italian manager plays three strikers in the first away game of the campaign, having never tried it before in the preparations and putting a player who's NEVER played in the hole there for the first time? And McGeady is a winger, so you are proposing playing with nobody on one wing and two central midfielders, is it?
Jesus, you'd give Steve Staunton a run for his money!

Agreed on the McCarthy and Ward point, Ward's played 3 matches for wolves this season they haven't lost a match and he's played I think on the left in each one (where we are weak) surely that puts him ahead of some in the squad. McCarthy has been selected for the U21 internationals though.

??!! So you're proposing an Italian manager plays three strikers in the first away game of the campaign, having never tried it before in the preparations and putting a player who's NEVER played in the hole there for the first time? And McGeady is a winger, so you are proposing playing with nobody on one wing and two central midfielders, is it?
Jesus, you'd give Steve Staunton a run for his money!

I'm not saying he should do it in this match, Jeez I'm not insane like.

I'm saying play a more compact midfield, let the full backs get forward say Coleman and Ward overlapping.

Keane always played just behind Berbatov and was brilliant at it, and for the record McGeady isn't a fucking football player he's a fucking useless cunt. We play most matches without wingers (out and out wingers Lawerence really isn't one) because apart from Duff, we don't have one and he's injured a lot these days.

Worth a go in a friendly. Is what I was saying. Trap would never do it, but then I can't see why McShane is in every squad either.

Back to McGeady. He hasn't played a competative match in fucking months he's a liability and he's carrying an injury now. With him in the side you get two central midfielders, one lad who passes well and works hard but lacks pace, and one waste of fucking space who can't pass can't tackle and is fucking lazy on the other wing, I'm just cutting through the bullshit.

I'm not saying he should do it in this match, Jeez I'm not insane like.
Oh rights, I thought you were proposing for this game. It seemed like it.
PS - you really don't like McGeady. To be honest, looking at his efforts for Ireland I could think of worse offenders

Oh rights, I thought you were proposing for this game. It seemed like it.
PS - you really don't like McGeady. To be honest, looking at his efforts for Ireland I could think of worse offenders

My main issue is that he's considered by a section of fans to be a flair player, someone who can change a match and open up a defense. This is insane, when has he done this ? I can think of some awful players or some horribly average ones take Kevin Kilbane he's average he had one excellent season for Everton when we qualified for the champions league overall he's not great but no one is bullshitting themselves into believing some non existant hype about him. Plus he actually works hard. He rarely failled to track back when he was on the wing he's not a natural left back but he makes up for it in sweat. When I contrast this with McGeady it just galls me to think of the good press the cunt gets.

Yeah but that's not the fault of the player, that's the fault of the media machine and the suckers who believe it. To be fair to McGeady, he just gets on with his game.

Probably, and while of course we should pick our best team, on a side note I quite admire the guy for going out to Russia to give it a go. Lord knows it's a step up from the SPL and how many other players would give that a go? He'd go that far to get away from those horrible sectarian inbreds in Glasgow shouting pure bile at him everyday.
So, you know, save the resentment for McShane is what I'm saying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back