Ireland v Armenia (1 Viewer)

Probably, and while of course we should pick our best team, on a side note I quite admire the guy for going out to Russia to give it a go. Lord knows it's a step up from the SPL and how many other players would give that a go? He'd go that far to get away from those horrible sectarian inbreds in Glasgow shouting pure bile at him everyday.
So, you know, save the resentment for McShane is what I'm saying!

I personally think two things have gone on with his move to Russia

1. the hype machine has priced him out for clubs in england which would have improved him as a player. I.e a year with Stoke or Birmigham or even Wolves would do him the world of good and he'd be playing in one of the top world leagues.

2. Yes fair play to him for going out to Russia and he will play more Champions League matches this way but not trying it in England (lets face it he wasn't going to make it in Spain) even at a mid table team show's a certain degree of troubling attitude towards hard work. I could be totally wrong (I hope I am) but I don't see Russia as being a huge jump up in quality.

lads, spartak moskow are fucking loaded. i'm sure aiden will go over there and earn more in a season or two than wolves or stoke could give him in five or six. i've no doubt that he'll be in the premiership in a couple of years where he will fade into obscurity.

liam lawrence refused to move to portsmouth as part of the marc wilson deal. portsmouth! fair play to him.

lads, spartak moskow are fucking loaded. i'm sure aiden will go over there and earn more in a season or two than wolves or stoke could give him in five or six. i've no doubt that he'll be in the premiership in a couple of years where he will fade into obscurity.

liam lawrence refused to move to portsmouth as part of the marc wilson deal. portsmouth! fair play to him.

Yeah but that's exactly what I'm talking about he'll end up moving back to England to play in mid table reserve sides after picking up even more bad habits in another sub-par league.

I don't understand why Lawrence doesn;t get a look in at Sunderland. Here, to be fair, is a case of Trap getting it fully right. He's been solid for Ireland, is not afraid to shoot and even scores on regular enough occasion (so far). Does he not bother his hole for Bruce or what's the story?

Stoke, you mean, it was a couple of years back that he was at Sunderland. From what I can gather he was instrumental for them in the season that they got promoted and then lost his place at the end of 2008 during the long injury layoff after he supposedly tripped over his dog and broke his ankle falling down the stairs. He's only featured sporadically since that. Portsmouth is way below his level though, any of the lower-level Premier League sides would do well to take him on.

washingcattle, as a toffee's representative, i expect you to be plugging seamus "ramos" coleman as the replacement for paul mcshit. I have only seen him at the end of three matches, when everton have been banging on the door for an equalizer, and he's been excellent each time.

we are direly in need of fullbacks who can avoid being cappers - cunningham and coleman eitherside of o'shea and dunne, in an ideal world where they could both get games at their decent clubs. any chance of cunningham going on loan out of city, perhaps to the championship? inexperienced or not, can they be worse than kilbane and mcshit (not to disparage kevin kilbanes service to éire, but he's still no left back). perhaps they will only have the opportunity when injuries come along.

as for mcgeady as much as he flatters to deceive (0 goals for ireland, right?) he's still more troubling to have than anyone else available. i expect this to be grizzly and gruesome, like the montenegro away at the start of traps rein. a 1-0 win would be fucking brilliant, but I'm not optimistic. 0-0 or 1-1 probably. Imagine 2 wins from 2, assuming Andorra aren't particularly dangerous in September. Dreamland.

Come on Éire!

I had a dream last night that it was 1-0 to them with 5 mins left then Keane and Doyle banged in screamers So that's definitely not going to happen now.

1-0 we score early and by the end Dunne and O Shae are throwing themselves in front of shots in the box as we defend deeper and deeper allowing two unheard ofs to boss the midfield in embarassing fashion.

Oh and I saw Coleman during the play offs for Blackpool he was excellent going forward but the whole defense was suspect (I think one match ended 4-3) My thinking is that Moyes will get him organised and quick because we're in dire need of right backs too as Hibbo and Neville are both injury prone and have a combined age of 62.

I think I watched Cunningham in a league cup match and he was defensively very sound. Ward was great against us two weeks ago for Wolves.

I'm unfeasibly nervous about this too, considering that Armenia are ranked 96th in the world, and lost 8 of the 10 games in their World Cup qualifying group. Realistically we should be beating them and have to if we think 1st place is an achievable goal. Could really do with some big performances from the likes of McGeady, Lawrence, Whelan..

I expect a tediously dull 0-0 game until 15 mins to go when Ireland realise they should be winning and start hoofing it forward with intent, while we sit at home and wonder why they couldn't have started that 75 mins earlier.

Fucking hell, that was nail biting, again.. Delighted with 1-0, I really thought that was drifting away from us after Keane hit the post and Armenia started making more chances. Good on Fahey being in the right place and taking his chance. Whole team looked knackered during the last 15 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back