Ireland - Kazakhstan (1 Viewer)

Jerry Twig

Supporter
Solutions
Westwood, Forde, Randolph, Wilson, O'Shea, St Ledger, O'Dea, Ward, Kelly, McShane, Gibson, McCarthy, Coleman, O'Brien, McGeady, Keogh, McClean, Keane, Doyle, Long, Cox, Walter

No Whelan must be a typo, a there's only 22.
No Duff is very sad.
Wilson there is interesting.
No Hunt.

Liam O'Brien as in this fella?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_O'Brien_(footballer_born_1964)
That's a bit of a throwback..

It's Joey, he's actually been doing well enough for West Ham. Solid fullback, I remember Stan trying him in midfield which didn't really work. I'm happier to see him in there than I am to see Keogh & McShane yet again.

It's a solid enough squad but now minus Given and Duff it really hits home how little standout quality we really have. Over a third of that squad is playing either in the Championship or the MLS. McGeady is probably the closest thing we have to a star player these days. Really need the likes of McCarthy and Gibson to step up to the mark sooner rather than later. Hope Dunne doesn't decide to throw in the towel too, we need him back.

We should beat these guys easy, sure they can't even get their own National Anthem right

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I hear their prostitutes are the cleanest in the region though

Westwood, Forde, Randolph, Wilson, O'Shea, St Ledger, O'Dea, Ward, Kelly, McShane, Gibson, McCarthy, Coleman, O'Brien, McGeady, Keogh, McClean, Keane, Doyle, Long, Cox, Walter

Clark's omission seems a bit strange, but reading Trap's quotes he sees him as a midfielder and not a CB even though that's where he's playing for Villa this season. Wilson should hopefully get a run out in the Oman game, unless he's once again struck down by a mystery illness. I'm going to head along as the tickets are cheap as chips but there aren't too many untried players in the squad so it seems like a fairly pointless game. Hoolahan and Pilkington don't seem to have helped themselves by crying off from the Serbia game, and Norwich then getting hammered 5-0. It remains to be seen if the latter is actually interested in playing for Ireland, but it would have been nice to see the pair get a run out against the mighty Oman.

Liam O'Brien as in this fella?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liam_O'Brien_(footballer_born_1964)
That's a bit of a throwback..

It's Joey, he's actually been doing well enough for West Ham. Solid fullback, I remember Stan trying him in midfield which didn't really work. I'm happier to see him in there than I am to see Keogh & McShane yet again.

It's a solid enough squad but now minus Given and Duff it really hits home how little standout quality we really have. Over a third of that squad is playing either in the Championship or the MLS. McGeady is probably the closest thing we have to a star player these days. Really need the likes of McCarthy and Gibson to step up to the mark sooner rather than later. Hope Dunne doesn't decide to throw in the towel too, we need him back.

Yeah, Stan had him as holding midfielder..was it against Germany? Anyway, eh stank the gaff up. To be fair, Stan was involved. So maybe i'll cut Joey some slack.

Given has continued his Euro form, judging by yesterday's performance.

We should beat these guys easy, sure they can't even get their own National Anthem right

I hear their prostitutes are the cleanest in the region though

good arse, did this actually happen? That poor lass.

good arse, did this actually happen? That poor lass.

It did indeed actually happen, hahaha! In fairness, it looks like she is laughing at the end. Also, I'm pretty sure something similar actually happened to Kazakhstan at some other ceremony thing as well - hahahaha found it, and this one was in Kazakhstan!!!

That's almost as funny as that rugby match i caught where ireland were singing some Boyzone song called Ireland's Call by mistake.

Clark's omission seems a bit strange
Is it though? I head he was shite the last two games, and without wanting to jump on any bandwagons, has anyone seen him perform well, or is it another case of 'he plays for Aston Villa and therefore should automatically play for Ireland'? The likes of Alex Pearce, who is a guaranteed starter at Reading, would strike me a more worthy call up for the Oman game.

Is it though? I head he was shite the last two games, and without wanting to jump on any bandwagons, has anyone seen him perform well, or is it another case of 'he plays for Aston Villa and therefore should automatically play for Ireland'? The likes of Alex Pearce, who is a guaranteed starter at Reading, would strike me a more worthy call up for the Oman game.

He was awful at the weekend no doubt and I'm by no means saying he should be a starter for Ireland, but it would have been nice to see him get a run out at CB against Oman which is ultimately a meaningless game. What more can be learned about McShane? I don't want to pick on him, but he's not getting a game at Hull City at the minute. Also does Alex Pearce definitely want to play for Ireland?

Pearce has been quoted as saying his burst a gut to play for Ireland. I agree with you on McShane of course (although he's more there as right back cover), but I'm not sure that Clark any more worthy of a call up than Pearce or Duffy. Fuck it, I'd like to see all of them play against Oman.

Pearce has been quoted as saying his burst a gut to play for Ireland. I agree with you on McShane of course (although he's more there as right back cover), but I'm not sure that Clark any more worthy of a call up than Pearce or Duffy. Fuck it, I'd like to see all of them play against Oman.

I couldn't agree more. O'Shea and St Ledger are likely to start against Kazakhstan (or O'Dea if St Ledger fails to recover from injury) so it would have been nice to see Clark, Pearce and Duffy get a run out against Oman.

That's good news about Pearce. He seems highly-rated, but apart from a brief highlights on the Football League show I haven't seen that much of him to be honest.

Me neither, although winning player of the year as a defender in a promoted side and being stand-captain at 21 has got to stand for something!

I couldn't agree more. O'Shea and St Ledger are likely to start against Kazakhstan (or O'Dea if St Ledger fails to recover from injury) so it would have been nice to see Clark, Pearce and Duffy get a run out against Oman.

That's good news about Pearce. He seems highly-rated, but apart from a brief highlights on the Football League show I haven't seen that much of him to be honest.

Without paying too much attention to the Reading highlights I noticed his name was mentioned quite a bit during commentary on MOTD the past 2 weeks, never appended to "and it's a dreadful mistake by." I do think we need to look at the centre back options, St. Ledger did grand in qualifying but at club level he's a mid table championship player and I'm not sure that much higher than that is a realistic ambition for him, he and Dunne were somewhat protected by our ultra defensive system and we all know what happened to that in the summer, he's a player that can hopefully be traded up on.

Gibson has cried off for the game. He say's he's not 'ready' after the Euros. His petulance is unbelievable. Meyler is going to come in (I really hope he comes good this season by the way), bust a gut in training, and Trap's going to say 'this is the man for me'. It would be no more than Gibson deserves and I would back Trap fully if he decided to do that.

PS - I know he should have gotten a run out in Spain etc etc. Playing Green first was insulting. But that can in no way justify turning down the opportunity to play for your country.

Turning down the opportunity to sit on the bench, more like.

Should David Forde and Seamus Coleman stay at home too then? I actually think he had a reasonable chance of some game time. You have to work your way into the team, and he's fuck all of that for Ireland to be fair.

You might think he had a reasonable chance, he probably didn't. You're right about him being a petulant git though, especially with the waiting until actually being called up before saying anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back