iPhone X (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Gimmicks galore.

I'm a year and a half into my supposed 5 year lasting fairphone.

Supposed?
Still on my trusty iPhone 6 Plus. When did that come out? 3 years ago?
5 years seems a long time. Its hard to get recent OS's supported on old technology and eventually this starts to filter down to the basic apps, I believe things start to fall apart around year 3+. Time will tell anyway.

5 years seems a long time. Its hard to get recent OS's supported on old technology and eventually this starts to filter down to the basic apps, I believe things start to fall apart around year 3+. Time will tell anyway.

yep i'm thinking i'll be ok when iOS 11 rolls out next week (?) but iOS 12 onwards will probably be full of "nahhh not for you, mate" stuff.

wonderful thing, planned obsolescence.

i live on my phone. not so much these days, since i'm not on the bus for 2+ hours a day any more, but even still...if i'm getting 3-4 years our of it i can probably rationalise almost anything. probably going to be looking at 400 or 500 up front and a 55 a month 2 year contract. ouch.

Tempted by the X. Monobrow/notch is ridiculous. Was dubious about the Face ID performance, looks like they nailed it.

My dream phone would be an X in the body of a 5.

so the 256gb 8 plus is €499 up front and €30 a month for 6 months then €60 a month for 18 months, or SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTY QUID up front and 45 a month for 2 years

Price Plan Details | Three.ie

jeeeeesus

this does not bode well for the X - going to be at least 600 up front for the 256gb model

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back