iPad (3 Viewers)

These no multi-tasking and no flash arguments make me laugh, I can totally live without them. If you're used to a windows world well then you're sold on the fact a billion different processes are eating up background memory draining the battery.

There is some degree of multi-tasking on the iPhone (and hence iPad). Music from the ipod plays in the background, mail.app check itself in the background (even better is the exchange active sync). and notifications handle everything else nicely for me. I don't need a twitter client sucking data in the background only to be alerted of new updates (which if you follow 60-80 people is pretty much all the time). Can someone give a decent example of why multi-tasking is a deal breaker?

And no flash = less crashes, less battery drains & MORE money for Steve jobs as game developers will have to release game apps through the App Store.

These no multi-tasking and no flash arguments make me laugh, I can totally live without them. If you're used to a windows world well then you're sold on the fact a billion different processes are eating up background memory draining the battery.

There is some degree of multi-tasking on the iPhone (and hence iPad). Music from the ipod plays in the background, mail.app check itself in the background (even better is the exchange active sync). and notifications handle everything else nicely for me. I don't need a twitter client sucking data in the background only to be alerted of new updates (which if you follow 60-80 people is pretty much all the time). Can someone give a decent example of why multi-tasking is a deal breaker?

And no flash = less crashes, less battery drains & MORE money for Steve jobs as game developers will have to release game apps through the App Store.

Fair enough, you don't need multitasking. But I couldn't live without it. For example, I am writing an essay, I have 2 gmail clients running on Firefox and Safari, I have itunes on. I'm also using a mac. And not having flash is simply stupid. No youtube for example. It smacks of Apple trying to foist proprietary shit on people.

Can someone give a decent example of why multi-tasking is a deal breaker?

you're listening to some tunes and you can't do anything else like chat or browse. you wouldn't find that highly annoying?

and the flash thing means a huge amount of websites are inaccesible, the biggies being youtube, google video and things like bbc iplayer and the guardian videos.

making something bigger and reducing functionality is not innovation.

this is a shit product that will mainly be bought by idiots.

Sounds fairly rubbish alright.You'd be better off with one of those flash drive net book yokes.And a phone.

why can't you make calls on it?

500x_500x_tabletkamasutra__103.jpg

another thought, if this was to get insanely popular, i.e. people getting this instead of laptops, you're totally locked into apple apps and products, ibooks, itunes, i apps. no openess.

As opposed to being totally locked in to Microsoft/Window's based crap? Just saying...

As opposed to being totally locked in to Microsoft/Window's based crap? Just saying...

completely different tho, the only thing your locked into there is the operating system. you're free to use whatever software, music, etc. you want. you can even use a different OS if you want. with apple's ipad everything must be apple.

It's like running the iphone through technology-babelfish

from small to big and then back to small

DIFFERENT.

completely different tho, the only thing your locked into there is the operating system. you're free to use whatever software, music, etc. you want. you can even use a different OS if you want. with apple's ipad everything must be apple.

i'm with Froog on this.

Although I will still probably only use an ipod for an mp3 player

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back