insomnia (1 Viewer)

Some Finnish Funeral Doom? Usually does the trick!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

is getting ridiculous, any one any tips on getting rid,

If you just want to get a good kip and its a once off to get your pattern back, try a Benylin 4 flu tablet. (not joking)

But long term its difficult. I've suffered for years. Ear plugs help and I only drink coffee in the morning and NO stimulants (even tea) after say 3pm...

There's milk you can buy in Superquinn and Dunnes that helps you sleep. I think it's called lullaby milk or some crap like that.
Make a big mug of horlicks out of it and it might work.

Get one of your junkie mates to score you some downers.

True story.

is getting ridiculous, any one any tips on getting rid,

Hey colm, that must be a total headwreck.
The only reason i couldn't sleep when i wanted to was when i was stressed out about something, so if that's the reason - try to sort out that thing you are stressed about... before you get into bed.
A friend sent me some cds of DR YAPKO talking about insomnia and being calm, he's got the sort of soporific voice that would send you to sleep, if you want to PM me your address i will send them off to ya.

As the ian said, try not to drink tea or coffee after the afternoon. Have a cup or two of camomile tea before ya go to bed. Deadly stuff, really relaxing. Insomnia can be terrible to deal with. The more it goes on the harder it feels to deal with. I've gone to the doctor before about it and thankfully he wouldn't give me sleeping tablets, even though at the time I was desperate for anything to give me a proper nights sleep. They're totally not the way to go and will just become a dependency. Best thing I've found is to try and get in a routine. Get up as early as ya can and try to get to bed at a regular time.

I've tried absolutely everything and haven't had much luck in the last 7 years. Better things that have been helpful is going to bed with a hot water bottle, stopping caffeine intake after 4pm and sprinkling lavender oil on my pillow and sheets.

It's an awful thing. The other night I ended up watching bowls on the telly, even that couldn't put me to sleep! A friend recommended this stuff. I just started it so I can't tell you if it's any use. I'd go with avoision (what..it's a word) of caffeine and the use of chamomile tea ( and possibly a joint) before bed though.

I tend to have really bad insomnia quite a bit of the time.

Best i've found is not too consume any caffeine/stimulants after 3-4pm, don't eat after 10/11 (depending on what time you plan on going to bed), and read a book for an hour before hand while laying down.

And if I can't get too sleep I go through the night making/doing meaningless things with a bit of speed/thrash metal for good measure.

Get one of your junkie mates to score you some downers.

True story.

ive tried taking downers cant rember exactly what they were but i just ended stairing at the celing thinking i was gonna shite myself because i figured they would relax all my muscles including the sphinkter muscle, the joys of drug paranoia combined with the fun of no sleep

even after drinking im still not passing out like i used to,
mite give the camomile tea a shot and if that dosent work i guess ill give up on trying to sleep untill i eventually crash and burn

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

been up till six in the morning the last few nights,its mucho poxy.tried all the natural remedies with no success and dont wanna get into downers or anything pharmaceutical.im giving it two more nights then gonna try the staying up all night with coffee trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back