'Inland Empire' (1 Viewer)

Swa this last night and really liked it although I was a little tired towards the end but that was just from not getting a decent sleep the night before. I'll bring a drink next time.

It was some experience though. First Lynch film I've seen in the cinema. I've never been to a film before and experienced such a fucking with the senses by all the exremely loud drones, vinyl crackle and of course the mezmorising flashes.

Oh and I had a ton of nightmares last night, first time I woke up was because of that insanely terrifying version of Laura Dern's face that appears on the man towards the end.
Also I woke up another time because I dreamt I was sitting in my tv room and then I heard a really loud band and crackle and saw this destroying flash of blue light (like the lamp in the movie) come form the sky and smash some glass in my back garden.

Poor tim.
First Lynch film I saw in the cinema was Wild at Heart (Guess I'm showing my age now) and it left me in a similar condition. The only real way to see them is in the cinema.
I saw Mulholland Drive on DVD and really regret not seeing that in the theatre.
If only just for the deadly sound design that cannot be replicated in my living room.
Here Niggle, yeh gotta make it in dude.

****SPOILER*****
here tim, make sure you type the above before mentioning any details of the film that could possibly ruin it for others that have not seen it yet. Good lad.

Well I assume people would know that we are talking about the film being a thread about the film, anyway I didn't do any spoilers. Just definetely the scariest Lynch film I've seen, me and my friend were wondering if Mullholland Drive was way scarier in the cinema?

Mullholland Drive is getting a re-release on DVD. With scene selection this time.
Anyone pick it up?

Not really scene selection as such-this is David Lynch after all-but you can select 'red lampshade' and you will be directed to scenes with such.

Well I assume people would know that we are talking about the film being a thread about the film, anyway I didn't do any spoilers.

Do you not think it is plausable that people with an interest in seeing the film may read this thread beforehand? (Nigglebath for example) It's just a courtesy to those who have not seen it yet to refrain from mentioning specifics in the film and if you do so (which you did) to include a spoiler warning. Glad we cleared that up.

Do you not think it is plausable that people with an interest in seeing the film may read this thread beforehand? (Nigglebath for example) It's just a courtesy to those who have not seen it yet to refrain from mentioning specifics in the film and if you do so (which you did) to include a spoiler warning. Glad we cleared that up.

In fairness, in this case, it's kind of difficult to give away a key element of the plot...

fucking hell.
fucking hell.
fucking hell.
fucking hell.
fuckin' hell.

Laura Dern is incredible. Definitely the most intense Lynch film I've seen (I haven't seen Eraserhead though). It doesn't really seem like it's 3 hours long - sort of felt like a particularly long half hour.

I'm baffled to be honest.

Harry Dean Stanton is hilarious - I can't remember what he says after Irons berates the tea but it was gas. And then when he sat down at the table with his hand rubbing his forehead I cracked up. His scam for getting money - "I've got this landlord..." - brilliant, particularily the second time when he's scamming the crew!

When I initially saw the Julie Ormond character I thought - 'Is that fuckin' Sadie Frost?' And then the second time I thought - 'Is that fuckin' Julie Ormond?'

And as for spoilers, I think of course we can discuss specific scenes and sequences from the film. If I saw a thread about a film I wanted to see, but hadn't seen I would naturally steer clear of the thread.

****SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER********SPOILER****

fucking hell.

Laura Dern is incredible. Definitely the most intense Lynch film I've seen (I haven't seen Eraserhead though). It doesn't really seem like it's 3 hours long - sort of felt like a particularly long half hour.

Shes really awesome in this. Really really awesome. I kind of have a few ideas about what the films about but I need to see it another 5 times really and like all I have is a few different simple basic ideas and nothing much that I can say for sure. Its like the buzz after watching Mullholland Drive by a million.

Eraserhead is a really awkward film. I find it hard to watch and I feel thats the point of some of the drawn out scenes. Really incredible soundtrack and some truely awesome visuals. And then when you take into account when and how it was made.....its well worth seeing but as I said its a tough watch but you really have to see it if you are a fan.

fucking hell.
fucking hell.
fucking hell.
fucking hell.
fuckin' hell.

I'm baffled to be honest.

Harry Dean Stanton is hilarious - I can't remember what he says after Irons berates the tea but it was gas. And then when he sat down at the table with his hand rubbing his forehead I cracked up. His scam for getting money - "I've got this landlord..." - brilliant, particularily the second time when he's scamming the crew!

When I initially saw the Julie Ormond character I thought - 'Is that fuckin' Sadie Frost?' And then the second time I thought - 'Is that fuckin' Julie Ormond?'

And as for spoilers, I think of course we can discuss specific scenes and sequences from the film. If I saw a thread about a film I wanted to see, but hadn't seen I would naturally steer clear of the thread.

Seriously though, is it that difficult to type a spoiler warning out of consideration for others...
I mean, if you took the time to type out all that shite posted above, would it kill you to type out 7 little letters. Just as a courtesy.

Why is this such a problem for people?

Seriously though, is it that difficult to type a spoiler warning out of consideration for others...
I mean, if you took the time to type out all that shite posted above, would it kill you to type out 7 little letters. Just as a courtesy.

Why is this such a problem for people?

Firstly in a thread about a movie that just came out people are bound to be discussing the movie. Secondly nobody cares. Why does it bother you so much?

saw this last night. easily his darkest film yet! took a while to get used to the whole DV thing but it certainly added to some scenes. bits almost reminded me of the animated scenes from the silent hill games. all grainy and fucked up :) really didn't think it felt 3hrs long.

barely slept last night as the film echoed around my head. not nightmares or anything, just fragments of it going through my head over and over. quite odd.

really want to go see it again next week

I've been having the maddest dreams since seeing this film.

Last night I butchered and ate the limbs of one of my good friends...

I was watching 'Rabbits' before I went to bed though.

rabbits01.jpg

baffling film.even by his standards.I was exhausted mentally after it.
slight asides, but it was kind of funny: the girl in the seat next time me regularly jumped out of her seat and at one point turned round and warned me that she might grab my arm if she got scared. later ata acertain point in the film she leaned over to me and said "What is it with Lynch and Lesbians?" and started dancing in her seat during the end credits.All of this added to my enjoyment of the film greatly.Thank you mystery woman.

Lacklustre film his worst since Fire walk with me and alongside Dune as his poorest film.

Lost Highway and Mulholland didn`t really make sense but there were some great scenes along the way that brought a smile to your face or made you think.

Sadly this film does neither,it starts off quite good but then apart from the Rabbits and the odd scene here or there generally goes up its own arse.

it felt like a four hour movie to be honest.As a fan this was very dissapointing.

Lacklustre film his worst since Fire walk with me and alongside Dune as his poorest film.

Lost Highway and Mulholland didn`t really make sense but there were some great scenes along the way that brought a smile to your face or made you think.

Sadly this film does neither,it starts off quite good but then apart from the Rabbits and the odd scene here or there generally goes up its own arse.

it felt like a four hour movie to be honest.As a fan this was very dissapointing.

***SPOILER****

saw this in an empty cinema last night and to quote laura derns character/s in it -
"I dunno what happened first and it kinda laid a mindfuck on me"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back