'Inland Empire' (1 Viewer)

Don't mention "the full on sex Hoot" thread

wargrief4a200.jpg

I refer to a titanic thumped struggle for power on thumped a long long time ago...

Many were lost. Many Ballroom of Romances promoted.

Gotcha!
No...I'm new to these here boards. Lynch and Lars Von Trier (another debate for another thread perhaps) are two directors who I have 'issues' with.
Ho hum. Variety is the spice of life etc.

This is out Friday week in the ifi.

I wonder if a Lynch retrospective will be accompanying it....

It's like typing David Lynch into the man's inner youtube and watching 3hrs worth of all the associated clips (with slightly better picture quality).

Go see!

what's the soundtrack like?

Bada
- lamentini?

It's by this Polish composer, some sparse piano stuff and that kindof thing...some tunes were composed by Lynch himself...one song by Beck and this one thats such an elemental song i'm not gonna say what it was.

Saw this on Friday and loved it. Was much more sensible than what I expected. From what I'd read I thought this would be almost as fragmented as Tarkovskis Mirror.

Nah, he's nowhere to be seen (spitting out espressos or otherwise). Polish guy, can't remember name, his music is in The Shining. Lynch sings a song in it too, if I'm not hallucinating.

Regrettably, Nina Simone is also included

I saw it last night and loved it and I'm looking forward to seeing it again soon.

There were quite a few people in the theatre last night who probably had no idea what to expect as you could hear them getting a bit restless throughout the later stages of the movie. I think there were a number of people who left before the end too.

Despite having little clue what the hell was going on, there's a real intensity to the movie that just kept me hooked. And Laura Dern's performance .|..|

Hearing Beck singing over one of the scenes though was a bit strange. It didn't seem to fit. :confused:

Saw this on friday and loved it! It was a lot to take in on first viewing and i can't wait to see it again. Saying that tho it did really come together in the last hour for me. At the end i was basically hoping it wouldn't end.

Even tho some of the themes were similar to Mulholland Dr. it was a totally different film. I was not totally convinced by the DV look of some scenes but i'm sure they will look better on dvd. At the same time the bluriness added a lot to some other parts.

Hope it doesn't take another five years till DL's next mind fuck!

Saw this on friday and was really really dissapointed...

WHEN IT ENDED!
I would have happily sat through a six hour cut of this film.
I'm going to see it again this week.

****SPOILER*****

By the way, I loved the mini DV footage. The background in sharp focus, the charicters slightly soft. worked really well.

IFI only?

Afraid so. The other cinemas would rather put on the latest 'Eddie Murphy plays a fat person' movie because 1) more people will go see it 2) it isn't 3 hours long and they can fit in more showings.

I notice that a lot of cinemas are now putting on Pan's Labyrinth after its Oscar successes. They wouldn't have touched it 6 months ago with it being foreign and subtitled and all. But now that it's won a few Oscars they reckon there's some money to be made on it.

Afraid so. The other cinemas would rather put on the latest 'Eddie Murphy plays a fat person' movie because 1) more people will go see it 2) it isn't 3 hours long and they can fit in more showings.

I notice that a lot of cinemas are now putting on Pan's Labyrinth after its Oscar successes. They wouldn't have touched it 6 months ago with it being foreign and subtitled and all. But now that it's won a few Oscars they reckon there's some money to be made on it.

Thanks
Ah well.
I noticed that about Pan's Labyrinth.
Pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back