'Inland Empire' (2 Viewers)

He's been sitting on a deckchair on the corner of main streets in LA with a cow and a billboard type poster of Laura Dern with 'For your consideration' printed on it. Do you think he's trying to get somebodies attention? I've heard she puts in a stunning performance alright.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh ya it's INLAND EMPIRE not Inland Empire!

Just saying what I heard and that is the least of the falsities I've been teaching over the years.

Partial credit!
tmcclure2.gif

He's been sitting on a deckchair on the corner of main streets in LA with a cow and a billboard type poster of Laura Dern with 'For your consideration' printed on it. Do you think he's trying to get somebodies attention? I've heard she puts in a stunning performance alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut6zdE8qWj0

Oh ya it's INLAND EMPIRE not Inland Empire!

She was asked by a Guardian journalist what she thought of INLAND EMPIRE recently & she said she didn't know what it was about or what her role in it was but that she think's Mr. Lynch is a genius & she trusts him.
*derisive snort*

I think Lynch has been living in a cave for the last 20 years. An obscure, over-indulgent pretentious cave of his own making, only to come out into the light for A Straight Story, which, though minor, was cleverly anti-American in that it was about a man not using a car and going very SLOWLY. He has never equalled the twin peaks of Eraserhead and Blue Velvet, and has gone down hill since. The fact that he supported the war in Iraq has absolutely nothing to do with my view of his films, though I can't help feeling negative about the man.

:rolleyes: You don't like Lynch, we get it.

Did you not like Twin Peaks, Mitchum?

or Wild At Heart, even?

Twin Peeaks was okay...ah good tv (like Lost) but a bit dull.
Wild At Heart was really uneven and daft.
I do like Eraserhead & Blue Velvet but have absolutely no time for Mullholland Drive (well I've watched it twice) or Lost Highway.

Laura Dern was incredibly funny in Alexander Payne's Citizen Ruth. The film he made before Election.

Her style of acting and her appearance are built for roles in Lynch's films.

However I find 'Wild At Heart' a little overwrought. But I guess that's the point. Harry Dean Stanton is brutally murdered too. And we can't be having that....

I love Twin Peaks - now that I have the whole series I'm just finding an apt time to watch it in a whole week. I get giddy just thinking about watching Twin Peaks. I will occasionally dance and click my fingers sliding across a kitchen...

It requires at least 10 viewing before judgement can be passed
When you watch films like Lost Highway and Mulholland Dr. a second time, you see they're just collections of diverting, amusing or quirkily contrived scenes that collectively amount to very little.
I'll go and see his new one in the cinema because it'll be stylish and it'll have some suprising or amusing moments. But it's begun to get a bit exasperating. And when you look at The Elephant Man and The Straight Story and see that Lynch is capable of making films that are moving, human and also coherent and gripping from a narrative point of view, it's a shame that he has to keep ploughing his wilfully weird furrow to nowhere.

Sorry...when *I* watch films like Lost Highway etc.

btw there's a really interesting essay by novelist David Foster Wallace on Lynch in his book 'A Supposedly Fun Thing I'll Never Do'. 87 pages long & Lynch gave Wallace an all access pass during the filming of LH.

For someone who hates David Lynch you sure spend alot of time talking about him.

I don't think I should apologise for being a dissenting voice re: Mr. Lynch.
There's more to say about his films than they are good/bad.
IMO!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back