'Inland Empire' (1 Viewer)

Is anyone else seriously excited about finally seeing this again?

the dvd comes out on the 20th. cheap enough to pre-order on play.com too.

really can't wait to sit down and watch this again. never has a film stuck in my head for so long! pissed i didn't get to see it in the IFI a second time. the sound is amazing in the cinema. guess i'll just have to blast the tv when i get it

I watched a downloaded version the other day and I think I'll be buying the DVD. It was as enjoyable the second time around. I think I'll never fully understand what the hell is going on. Lynch has got a way of giving things a semblance of making sense. The things that happen in the movie don't seem arbitrary. There seems to be some underlying order. Its like he's taken a simple story and filtered and transposed it so that it is fucked up beyond recognition.

I've heard there's an hour of deleated scenes on the us dvd but not on the one over here

didn't realise it wasn't on the R2 dvd hen i pre-ordered from play.com

managed to find a torrent of the extra movie online tho.

haven't been able to find one for the 30min behind the scenes documentary :(

is it really three hours long? three hours of David Lynch is enough to kill a small child.

Took only 80 minutes or so for the babby in Eraserhead to get whacked, so by that reasoning almost 2 small children probably die every time someone watches Inland Empire. Oh won't you think of the children David?

My Region 1 version came to today. Pisses all over the euro version.
So far I have watched a 40 minute interview where they actually ask decent questions. In the euro version its like they are limited to asking only a certain amount of questions. This pretty revealing.

30 minutes of behind the scenes material is deadly aswell. I think the footage is taken from material that is being used to put together the David Lynch documentary. Again pretty revealing.

Haven't watched the deleted scenes yet but I flicked through the first 3 chapters and they were all based around the time when Nikki and her husband are living in the poorer situation.

My Region 1 version came to today. Pisses all over the euro version.
So far I have watched a 40 minute interview where they actually ask decent questions. In the euro version its like they are limited to asking only a certain amount of questions. This pretty revealing.

30 minutes of behind the scenes material is deadly aswell. I think the footage is taken from material that is being used to put together the David Lynch documentary. Again pretty revealing.

Haven't watched the deleted scenes yet but I flicked through the first 3 chapters and they were all based around the time when Nikki and her husband are living in the poorer situation.

my region 1 came yesterday too. Not got a chance to check it out yet.

where did you get it from in the end?

my region 1 came yesterday too. Not got a chance to check it out yet.

where did you get it from in the end?

I got it from a site that deals most in exploit movies called diabolikdvd.com
Cost about 20 euro including postage costs.

I've watched all the bonus disc now and it is's wonderful. Shame european fans got stomped on.

The deleted scenes are really worth watching. They certainly provide more clues to some important elements of the film. Besides the fact that scenes needed to be cut for time purposes, its also highly likely they were cut for being too revealing.

hey dudes, what kinda dvd players have you got that play region 1?

I have a Philips something or other. You just have to find a code online that will allow you to access the region code menu and you set that to region 0. We bought the system over here, pretty reasonable aswell.

Chances are you could find the code online for your player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back