Bedroom Community Presents...Whale Watching Tour, (1 Viewer)

The balcony was closed.

The John Field room is the other venue in there. It's the one beside the main auditorium with the chandelier hanging over it. A stage is built at the bottom on the big staircase. It holds 250 people which would have been perfect for the gig but the Whale Watching show requires the space on the big stage. And Ben Frost's stuff wouldn't have sounded so deadly through the PA we use in the smaller space.

I'm actually pretty gutted. I was gicking on about this to the girlfriend for days about how much I was looking forward to it, and Sunday came..... and went. I had TOTALLY forgotten it was on

"I’m not sure what effect Nico Muhly was hoping to get by tousling the trombonist’s hair into a micropohone but everyone on stage looked very pleased with results the audience couldn’t largely hear."
Surely they were having a laugh doing this?

I wouldn't have said the sound was boomy. They had their own touring sound guy and I thought he did a pretty good job. The massive reverb in the hall only enhanced it all. The trombone player's vocal sounded great despite his songs being a bit shit. I don't know Ben Frost's stuff but the first song on the set list was Theory of Machines.

Here's my photo of it ....

whale10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back