indiana jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull.. (1 Viewer)

what the odd of short round being in this one?

willietall.jpg

anything gooooes

Most nuts name ever. Lucas is trying to out do Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones on the nutsometer. I love the name though.

My source tells me that “apart from a few minor details it lives up to all expectations”.

Dave Fanning and his guests were a bit “meh” about it on the radio this morning.

No, but I'm still on some archaeology mailing lists and I'm enjoying the fucking stupid shit everyone's spouting about it.

"He's destroying our efforts to be seen as credible scientists!"

"He's a fictional character! It's a blockbuster, not a fucking educational video!"

"Since when are we scientists?"

"But the movies actually increased the numbers of people entering our field! It's been a great boon for shovelbums!"

"HE would be FIRED from any job for behaving unprofessionally -- he even climbs out of windows to avoid meeting students! He doesn't meet his teaching committments!"

Uh really, your department takes place in the last century?

Blah blah blah, same old crappy bullshit. I'm too lazy to point out that in most departments, avoiding work, teaching and students is what gets you fast-tracked to a professorship. And that what Indy does never even resembles archaeology, so it's not exactly letting the side down.

I can't fucking wait to see it. I've already decided it's gonna be so awesome I might cry.

I can't fucking wait to see it. I've already decided it's gonna be so awesome I might cry.

I reckon I will do this too. Do you think when Harrison Ford dies they'll make follow ups with his son? Or given that Sean Connery will never die, will they make prequels?

"HE would be FIRED from any job for behaving unprofessionally -- he even climbs out of windows to avoid meeting students! He doesn't meet his teaching committments!"

LOL

They need to make some films about Adventurious, Rogue Graphic Designers who refuse to play by the rules and twart Nazis from destroying the earth as we know it..

LOL

They need to make some films about Adventurious, Rogue Graphic Designers who refuse to play by the rules and twart Nazis from destroying the earth as we know it..

I'd love to see what the spleen is like on superhero listservs whenever a new superhero movie comes out.

"It damages our credibility! People end up thinking we can all fly!"

"He is constantly breaking the code of superhero ethics!"

"He'd be fired from superheroics for refusing to recognise superchain of supercommand!"

And in any case, he's based on a combination of things: the fact that Nazi archaeologists DID go looking for occult objects, and that a protohistorical turf war actually *was* taking place in the middle east between the US, Britain and Germany (from fairly early on in the 20th century, too, and most of them were looking for Biblical stuff).

Not to mention that Indy was also based on 50s serials and comic books and superhero-type characters. So actually, suggesting that a movie character based on a superhero is denigrating one's profession is beyond silly. They're just jealous. I know I certainly am. Indy did get people into archaeology, and a lot of us stayed interested even though there wasn't much Nazi-chasing. And it's funny because you get these mad threads where these older dudes start going on with typically dickless bravado about the 'adventures' they've had while in the field. And then they come back and claim Indy is slander.

If you had a choice between watching people clean and catalogue rusty nails in a lab for 17 hours, and watching Indy chase bad guys and go to war with rats and snakes...

LOL

Rogue designer and typographer Jan Tschichold (author of Die neue Typographie and creator of Sabon) was arrested by the Nazis in 1933, dismissed from his teaching position and his books were outlawed for being out of line with Nazi thinking on typography.

INDIANA JONES
by Jeremy Schwinger

Eminent archaeologist Indiana Jones,
Brave and noble, good enough for our poems.

With a bull whip, leather jacket, and brown hat,
He's afraid of snakes, but not a spider or bat.

He leaps from car to car on long trains,
And rides on elephants, taxis, and planes.

He searches for Ark, Grail, and Sankara Stones,
But much of the time he studies old bones.

Most women admire him for his bravery.
Once he freed a whole town from slavery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back