indiana jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull.. (2 Viewers)

i loved it! i didnt like the stupid mole thing and overall it was maybe a little too knowing - it seemed one of the gags was imagining the film makers standing off set checking off their checklist of snake, chase, bugs, tunnels, booby traps etc but despite all that it was very enjoyable, definitely better than the temple of doom. my favorite bits were the the cafe fight scene, the sword fight, the monkey swinging (i thought "oh no... when i saw what was about to unfold but then i loved it) and best of all was the waterfall bit! god that was hilarious.
Classic cry for help.

the waterfall 'gag' was terrible
it took like two minutes for them to keep ... falling ...
and it was so obviously cutting between them sitting in a pond with a bluescreen to some ILM wank
way over the top, if indiana jones survives against all odds it's through wit, charm, or violence

the shite graphics were part of the fun, like at the end when
the spaceship was coming up out of the ground
and indiana jones was just standing there beside it with
loads of rocks swirling around his head

and as far as
crap alien
endings go it wasnt too bad especially since you knew it was coming.

Fully rubbish, totally agree with the criticism levelled at it. woefull story/cgi ect.

By letting everyone else see it first, I cunningly let my expectations get so low that I could only come out happy...

I didn't think it was any worse or preposterous than the last one. Most of the ideas were familiar from Prisoners of the Sun and that Stargate episode with the crystal skull.

How do I hide text with spoilers?

CGI is going to be the death of the Action/Adventure movie. I didn't watch Die hard 4 because of the shit CGI and against my own better judgement I went to see this, in spite of the shitty CGI in the ads.

Fuck CGI and fuck George Lucas.

How did we go from great CGI in Terminator 2 to really shit stuff 15(?) years later. Surely this science shit is supposed to progress not regress.

And did I say fuck George Lucas yet?

Yeah this wasn't particularly good, for most of the reasons mentioned above. Particularly the reliance on cgi.

Way too much CGI. It's going to look horribly dated in 10 years. But I thought the shift to sci-fi suited the shift to the 50s.

Has anyone mentioed how shit Cate Blanchett was?
Nah, she was deadly! Completely OTT of course, but the best female villain (with the best fringe) I've seen in years!

Way too much CGI. It's going to look horribly dated in 10 years. But I thought the shift to sci-fi suited the shift to the 50s.
:eek:

Nah, she was deadly! Completely OTT of course, but the best female villain (with the best fringe) I've seen in years!

she is not in any way menacing. We don't actually get to see her do anything evil except for the pantomime swordfight with transformers boy.

Cate Blanchett is a pouting, dewey eyed overrated fuckcunt.

536265544_184bb85f5d_m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back