I'm a moron but please HELP me. (1 Viewer)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
[FONT=times new roman,serif]Okay, I went to bin the rubbish and grabbed my work keys NOT my house keys. The door locks behind. OOF. I've no money, phone (the only number I know by heart is my mother's so that's no help), coat and it's a bank f-ing holiday. I just walked to work so now I have internet and a phone. Does anyone have a 2+ story ladder so I can wedge myself through my balcony window? Or are any of you locksmiths or part time criminals who could open my door? Or could someone lend me money to eat and I can kip it in the office for tonight and go to the rental company first thing tomorrow. I'm really hoping for a ladder since everything was left on in my apartment. I'm very thankful I didn't start cooking because I was about to... and I know give a spare set to someone! I meant to do that last Sunday. Major facepalm. Help. I haven't cried yet but I can't promise I won't. :( [/FONT]

The same thing happened to me about 15 or 16 years ago. I lived on the third floor, locked keys inside. Called the fire brigade. My front window was open so the fireman climbed up the ladder and got in through there.

They didn't mention the call out charge but my landlord raised it with me about a week later. I think it was about IR£100. He then gave me a month's notice to get out. :(

Have you tried calling the rental agency or seeing if they have an emergency number on their voicemail? I'm guessing they deal with these situations when people lock themselves out or get their keys/wallet nicked.

You could also try some small classifieds to see if any window cleaner would have a ladder you can use.

Probably no use to you but if you're still stuck tomorrow I could call round with a ladder about lunchtime.
Not around this evening though, sorry.

Go up to Christine and kip in her gaf and sort it out tomoro..don't call the fire brigade..call out is several hundred euro.

Sorry, I stepped out to buy some dinner (thanks to Theodore Kaczynski who stopped by my office with coffee and a lend of money) and figure I'll just stay here. It's raining now so no one (even if they had a ladder) would want to go outside. The sad thing is, there is a ladder outside my office that would work. :( Hopefully the rental agency will have a set of keys since the landlord lives in Galway. Even if I called a locksmith, it's two doors in my building (since I left) and then my door. The intercom on my building doesn't work so I could ring buttons but they'll just think it's a junkie or TV license person and not come down to open it. :( So that means waiting for someone to leave to let me in but then not having a phone to call the locksmith to say I could let them in. Screwed. I knew I should have put my spare keys at work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back