I love my bike (1 Viewer)

That portakabin on rochestown avenue (The Bike Rack) was a great bike shop. I miss it somethin fierce. At least, I would If I still cycled.

Brush said:
HA! Rudy Project. I had a friend who got one fo those. Went on, and on, and on , and on about it for fucking months about how great it was despite the fact that he was bringing it to that portacabin near rochestown avenue every few weeks. I think it was eventually stolen out of his garage.

Left another bike outside college once and forgot about it over the weekend. Came back to find it completley stripped of everything just a frame and a U-Lock. Parasites.

Hello Brush!

i also had a bmx robbed in town which i actually saw them stealing and when i ran after them my shoes fell off so basically i ended up running through town in my socks after a load of kids. had to make a decision to leave the bike and run back hoping that my shoes hadnt been stolen too,all i could think of was queuing for a bus in my socks...

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I was wondering - is there any point in reporting this to the gardai. They won't find your bike but they might let you know when those auctions for recovered bikes are on or something. Or is that a dumb idea?

dumb idea

aww poor army bikey :(

someone tried to steal mr. dexta's bike from outside his house a few weeks ago, but when they couldn't get through the lock they just kicked the wheels in instead. so he got a loan of someone else's bike. which promptly got stolen. moral of story: do not lock bikes on the ranelagh road. having rich parents who live there doesn't make it safe foor poor bikeys.

my lock cost nearly half what my bike cost. so far it's been worth it.

swingkid said:
i've had bikes stolen from me so much that i now have 3 different styles and types of locks on my bike to try and make it a little bit more difficult to nick, but still i'm sure if someone really wanted to nick it they'd find a way...

i've seen your bike, i wouldn't worry about it.

would be nice to have a device similar to whats on the trolley wheels now that forces it to lock up when it goes beyond supermarket door.

a little radio signal device that locks up the brakes instantly. just time it to go off at mid afternoon/late at night so when the fuckers riding around christchurch on your freshly stolen much loved bike trying to flog it to passerbys he goes onto the kerb using his ronnie as a brake.

i still like the exploding bike idea.
shit the way they dont have a proper data tag system here like in the uk and we have to insure bikes on house insurance. nice idea - datatag plate stuck to the bike that if removed takes a chunk of paint and metal with it so you know the bikes been nicked and you can register your bike as stolen with police in uk and if bike comes into shop with tag on it with same number. you're nicked!

well we can only dream...

swingkid said:
i've had bikes stolen from me so much that i now have 3 different styles and types of locks on my bike to try and make it a little bit more difficult to nick, but still i'm sure if someone really wanted to nick it they'd find a way...

Ha, I have two types of lock and my fella has two types of lock so when we go anywhere together we lock them together with FOUR different types of lock. Typically, it takes ten minutes to get somewhere, and another ten minutes to lock the bikes.

c0De_n1NjA said:
how dare you. my car is the bees knees. Brmmmmmm!

by the way code ninja, i got two pikee fighting dvd's in jonesborough market yesterday for a fiver each. the quality of one of them is not the best at times but the other one is grand. you want to see the size on these lads fighting in their string vests and tracksuit bottoms. its class.

frambosenshmak said:
a little radio signal device that locks up the brakes instantly. just time it to go off at mid afternoon/late at night so when the fuckers riding around christchurch on your freshly stolen much loved bike trying to flog it to passerbys he goes onto the kerb using his ronnie as a brake.
how it works in berlin:

there are bikes locked up all over the city with a number on the side. to use a bike, you send a text message of the number to a free phoneline, which unlocks the bike (don't know how - via satellite or something bond-villian-ish like that). you use the bike, and get charged in phone credit for the time you're using it.

how's that gonna work when the oil runs out? what happens if you're out of credit? does it buckaroo you off? is it not economic to take a bike using a cheapo phone then fuck the phone in the river? what's the river called? the rhine?

yeah that thing is cool, the bikes don't communicate directly with the center, it's all done using 4-digit codes the bike supplies to you for transmission by phone (rent, lock but don't return, lock and return etc).

It's actually been hacked

propaganda016.jpg

Ben Richards said:
by the way code ninja, i got two pikee fighting dvd's in jonesborough market yesterday for a fiver each. the quality of one of them is not the best at times but the other one is grand. you want to see the size on these lads fighting in their string vests and tracksuit bottoms. its class.

nice one. i got the fighting irish vol 5 & 6. its a bit dissapointing, lots of pushing and missed haymakers. not much gore. its funny to see the birds and the kids getting all worked up. there a a few good mills but overall it gets three ninja stars out of a possible five. theres no love loss between the mcdonoghs and the joyces it seems.

it was actully pretty funny, after watching a load of it the other night, i switched it off in time to hear the news reader saying something about bertie wanting society to extend the hand of friendship to jippos. you first bertie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back